ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mis-sold a clio 182 cup??

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Evening all,

Bit of a dilemma here,

I bought my 182 on Saturday, it was listed as a cup by the dealer, I knew they came in blue or red but I have never actually seen the flat blue they come in which relates to being an actual cup model!

Before I go down any other routes all I wanted the cup for was the cup suspension.

Can anyone in a short sentence explain how I can find out if it has the cup suspension?

People in previous posts mention silver seats belts? But I see some for sale without this pack but have them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to measure the bolt spacing on the front shock absorbers.

Just turn the front wheels and you can get in to measure them. Can't for the life of me remember what this spacing should be though - have a quick search on here.

Renault clio 2005
I have silver seat belts on my 1.4 16 valve so I don`t think it`s anything to do with that. I would suggest doing a online data check and inputting reg number :)

Suzuki Jimny
Only the trophy came in red!

Why would you want a poverty spec car just for the cup suspension? Makes more sense to get a regular 182 with cup packs.

BG182 FF
I think the bolt spacing on the front shocker should be 60mm if you've got cup suspension.
Otherwise you have 54mm.
A little measurement and you're on the safe side.

example with non-cup shocker
172_OEfr_2.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
As above, get the ruler out and measure the bolt spacing.

or pm me the reg and i'll do a quick check for you.

MKV GTI
Does it have cloth interior? if so its definetly a cup with cup suspension.

If half leather it might have cup packs it might not depending on how it was specced from the dealer to be sure as said measure the hole spacing centre to centre.

Last edited:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
FFS measure this measure that.

If it has auxillary 3 knob heating its a cup.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
​He's checking if he has the cup suspension, not an actual cup. Can't tell that from a heater knob can you?

Yes.

If it's got manual heating, it's a cup. If it's a cup then it's got cup suspension. See?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Ah ok-

So,

3 knob heating = 182 CUP... If climate-

then yes- checks to see whether its a non cup packed 182 or a cup packed 182-

Rules of thumb - non cup spoiler =90-95%% of the time has cup pack Suspension-
& vice versa-

If the OP puts a pic it would be easy to comment.

S

Clio sport 182
you could just look at the front abs rings as on a cup the abs rings are around 1cm in width but on a non cup they are small in width

Fiesta ST2 MP215
it has neither! will update later to how dodgy this car dealer really is!

all I can now is Beware Heartfordshire Car Centre!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
As mentioned cups came in inferno or racing blue on 182's and the only red one was a trophy.

Cup or cup packed suspension hubs are 60mm, non cups 54mm.

What is it then and how did you find out?

182 Cup, Camaro Z28
take the car back and ask for a refund if you dont want it, you are well within your rights to do this if the vehicle is miss sold

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Ive advised the OP to print off the ad for evidence, but I hope its not that one ^^ as that doesnt mention anything about cup packs

S

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
If your wanting handling then keep it, if it has 54mm spacing coilovers for the non cup model are much easier to be had than the 60mm cup bolt spacing (difference of a choice of about 6-8 kits for the cup to the 20+ kits for the non cup plus much more used item on the cheap!)

That's if the rest of the car is good enough for you?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
If you want a cup packed 182, you can have my misses car as its up for sale :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Hmm it has nothing, plus its way over prices, can get a mint cup with tasteful mods for 4k lol

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
If you want a straight cup 182 you want either a racing blue or inferno orange one.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I didnt pay that for it but still i'm going to push for a refund as wanted to track the car, so if anyone has a car for sale in the Berkshire, Surrey, Heathrow area PM me will go to around 4K

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I didnt pay that for it but still i'm going to push for a refund as wanted to track the car, so if anyone has a car for sale in the Berkshire, Surrey, Heathrow area PM me will go to around 4K

I don't mean to awkward but if you want to track the car you will want coilovers eventually and that car has a lot more available to it than a cup/cup packed car like mine.

The cup spoiler is 100- 150 quid and a splitter is 15 quid, the wheels will prob turn to 15s if your on track too as the rubber is soo cheap! If not its not much more to get an anthracite set!

You can get 30-40 quid for your spoiler do there isn't much outlay really to have something with more options and also no one will tell once you have them bits.