ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek Too Quiet? what are the options?

Clio 182
Hi i have just bought a Clio 182 with a full milltek system on, however its too quiet for my liking.

Long term plans are to change to a yozzasport but funds wont allow at the minute.

For the mean time, would putting a decat on make much difference? or is there a straight through pipe available to put on instead of the middle silencer as i cant find one anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Aaron

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Decat should make a difference - plenty for sale and you won't lose too much cash on one. Worth a punt.

Clio 197
I like the balance that the milltek gives, quiet then comes alive when giving it Rpm! Decats can be had for just under £50 on ebay.

From what I have read people tend to get the centre silencer cut out and a straight through pipe welded in.

Inferno 225
Now them fella I had a yozza decat and it sounds the nuts but it is really loud , I have a miltek decat and it nice when ya giv it the beans , I will have to say if it wasn't for ppl coming to my door having a go at me coz off the yozza I wud still have it on . The new yozza sounds really nice I will be getting one soon I think , hope I have helped

lecky

Clio 182
Okay, thanks alot. Will probably get a decat on and see what difference it makes until i can afford the yozza.

Yeah iv heard the new one is really nice, just right not too loud. Tempted to get the old one tho as its a similar sound as i had with my saxsport on my vts.

cheers

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Decat will definitely make a difference! will have low end drone and high rpm rasp. My yozza is really quiet when I put cat.on for mots

106GTI / NovaC20LET
+1 people will complain about the yozza they are crazy loud with a decat lol especially on cold startups I've lost count on the amount of times I've had neighbours banging on my door. As long as its only used between 7am and 11pm nowt they can do lol.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
+1 people will complain about the yozza they are crazy loud with a decat lol especially on cold startups I've lost count on the amount of times I've had neighbours banging on my door. As long as its only used between 7am and 11pm nowt they can do lol.

I'm off to work at 5.20 in the morning with my Yozza and Decat burbling away nicely . I bet the neighbours love me lol . I've never had em banging on my door though :S

I know , i'm just taking the piss . Some days the Yozza + decat does get a bit jading .
I know ;) I do early starts too which didn't matter too much (3am going to work sometimes) but it was mainly the (unwanted) attention it was getting when driving around. Sounds good on track though.

[video=facebook;10150512620719790]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150512620719790&set=vb.761944789&typ e=3[/video]

Clio 182
Im not too bothered about the noise, i dont do many miles. And all my neighbours are used to the noise, my last car was a subaru.

Thanks for all the help lads

I've de-catted my Milltek and to be honest I haven't found it droney yet. It only increased the DB level by 3-4.

I personally love the noise of it. Quiet when pottering around and noisy enough when I want it to be. I also don't like raspy exhausts though.

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
My pal has a KTR ultra supersport
Sounds sweet.

I had a milltek on my 182 and it was perfect, its not to loud and dont make your ears bleed

FF Racing Blue 182
I have a scorpion and i get embarrassed with its noise when driving slowly....hate loud exhausts