ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Miko Hirvonen Crash (picture)

yeah i'm gutted i couldn't make it this year, was half tempted to go sweet lamb this morning but no funds.

by the way both miko & jarmo were fine

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
110% effort. Hopefully they're all OK.

Speaking of Rally GB, I found this pic earlier:
1395882_10151800938250678_1246154705_n.jpg

Om nom nom.

172 Cup
I wouldn't say WRC drivers are more talented than F1 drivers, especially the tame machines they are driving these days.
The Group B monsters back in the 80's however..

Disastra Coupe
I wouldn't say WRC drivers are more talented than F1 drivers, especially the tame machines they are driving these days.
The Group B monsters back in the 80's however..

Tame?! Yea, thrashing along courses like they do with that sort of power is anything but tame. Granted Group B was another story but you still can't call the modern rally car's tame. They're doing serious speeds.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
How come f1 drivers are allowed to rally but Loeb isn't allowed an F1 licence?

i would like to see him race in F1.

How come f1 drivers are allowed to rally but Loeb isn't allowed an F1 licence?

i would like to see him race in F1.

loeb was rejected a super licence to step in for red bull, not enough circuit experience (races)

2009 abu dhabi was the race he was going to step in and then a full season in 2010

Ph 1 172
Just wrong really ain't it loeb clearly has the talent..... How many races on tracks do you need to gain a super licence

I think it's a fairly reasonable thing to say that the WRC's drivers are more talented then F1 etc... Discuss.

It's fairly unreasonable to say. It would take any driver from each discipline quite some time to adjust to the other to the point where they were competitive enough to be winning races. If ever, in many cases. A rally driver would probably pass out in an F1 car the first time he touched the brake pedal.

The two are so far removed from each other that any comparisons are meaningless.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I thought you could drive like this....

Did you just compare rallying to gymkhana? Because that would be seriously daft.

I think the problem with loeb in F1 is the fact he wouldn't be used to sharing a track with other cars. I know Valentino Rossi did quite well when he came over as a privateer, and Kubica wasn't too bad until his accident. So it is possible to make the transfer.

Just wrong really ain't it loeb clearly has the talent..... How many races on tracks do you need to gain a super licence

yeah he defiantly has the talent and the pace as he proved with winter testing with toro rosso he was 8th quickest overall back in 2008.

Day 1 of the wrc is just about to start on itv 4 if anyone is interested.

172 Cup
Kubica went off just up from where I was watching, was a bigun apparently, ended up a fair way from the stage. Not a good weekend for the guy or citroen for that matter

Swift Sport
I love how WRC drivers always seem like normal people compared to other Motorsports. I think rallying in general is awesome, it's a shame the coverage isn't what it was.

Kubica went off just up from where I was watching, was a bigun apparently, ended up a fair way from the stage. Not a good weekend for the guy or citroen for that matter

yeah think he just needs to write this weekend off, bad weekend for citroen.

I love how WRC drivers always seem like normal people compared to other Motorsports. I think rallying in general is awesome, it's a shame the coverage isn't what it was.

yeah it's awesome they're actually humans unlike most "stars" they deserve a lot more recognition than what they get. Yep poor coverage of it over here, think this was a one off season for itv to cover it and even then a whole weekend is crammed into 45 minutes.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

BTCC drivers are the same ;) Mind you, those who have experienced the Miko Hirvonen Death Stare don't agree though.

Did you just compare rallying to gymkhana? Because that would be seriously daft.

I think the problem with loeb in F1 is the fact he wouldn't be used to sharing a track with other cars. I know Valentino Rossi did quite well when he came over as a privateer, and Kubica wasn't too bad until his accident. So it is possible to make the transfer.

Rallying is more like Gymkhana than Rallying is like F1 rofl, if we're talking bizzare comparisons ;)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Rallying is more like Gymkhana than Rallying is like F1 rofl, if we're talking bizzare comparisons ;)

F1's on a completely different universe lol, I wasn't comparing the two.

F1's boring anyway, could do it in my clio. Who wants to watch a car on a wide open prepared track that's all nice and smooth finish at exactly the same place it started? ;)

Last edited:
  Ph1 track car, Dci
Anyone watch ITV coverge today, it was so boring i switched it off, showed about 20 seconds of the car on the stage then just lots of interviews and jibber jabber, gone have the good old days of rallying.