ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26R

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
DSC_0723.JPG
DSC_0724.JPG
DSC_0725.JPG
DSC_0726.JPG
DSC_0727.JPG
DSC_0729.JPG
DSC_0731.JPG
DSC_0732.JPG
DSC_0733.JPG
DSC_0734.JPG

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Yes dust on the paint within a few minutes of collecting, rain drops after washing which you can see lol.

Evo 5 RS
lol no mate, I heard third person as don't really speak to him much anymore, but thought it pertinent to mention as it is a good one! Not sure on mileage, though

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Gutted, genuinely gutted.

Please don't question the method of cleaning as I use all the right kit.

Have to take the car back now so he can look at it.

Not having a lot of luck, paint issues on the M5, cracked windscreen on the megane today and now this.

IMG_1169.JPG
IMG_1167.JPG

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Jesus, what have you washed it with, a scouring pad?

Genuinely though, how can it be that bad for just a wash?!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Every panel.

AF snow foam pre wash
2x gtech mits
2x grit buckets
2x AF towels

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Something's sure not right. Guess it's going to be a waiting game. Coatings have 100% been applied going by how the water sheets off.

Evo 5 RS
Ant, having known someone who does this for a living in the past and on various cars (including a Black 225), the Megane paint is soft as f**k. Honestly, unbelievably so on some of them.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Ant, having known someone who does this for a living in the past and on various cars (including a Black 225), the Megane paint is soft as f**k. Honestly, unbelievably so on some of them.

So this is caused by simply washing the car?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'd also say that just because the coating has been applied and the water is sheeting off, doesn't mean it's fully cured properly. Needs to be in a heated room iirc.

Black gold is normally hard as f**k too as with most Renault paints.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I'd also say that just because the coating has been applied and the water is sheeting off, doesn't mean it's fully cured properly. Needs to be in a heated room iirc.

Was in a heated room for four days :-( When he started the correction he commented a few times on how soft the paint was.

Evo 5 RS

Well, that doesn't look so hard to me!

Bloody Renaults. Don't know what to suggest Ant TBH, see what he says :/