ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maynard's 172 Track Car Project

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
quick update...long overdue.....

12 months MOT back on the 172, and back on the orange F1's for the moment.

Got ANOTHER puncture on one of the 2118's this time, so decided to swap back over for a bit until I can be bothered to sort a new set of fresh rubber for the 2118's. They were getting low anyways.

Not much going to be happening over the winter really, just general maintenance.

Oil and filter change
Clean ITG panel filter
New rear discs and pads
New NGK spark plugs
Camber and tracking re-aligned

Sort something too with the front door cards, probably change to CF front ones.
Oh, and probably will be buying a Yozza system to replace the K-Tec I have at the moment. It's far too heavy and sagging a tad too low for my liking, keep catching it!

Then in the Spring/Summer, car will be off to BTM for a full cambelt change - at this point I'll probably rip the air-con off too.
Not worth doing it right now, so will sort all together :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Bit of an update.....

I've purchased a few new items over the last couple of weeks that are ready to fit...

Colour coded rear wiper blank from Jamesstone off here:

SDC10325.jpg

Poweflex dogbone bush kit from Kam racing:

SDC10326.jpg

And I went to Warrington yesterday morning to collect some CF door cards off ROB91 :)

SDC10336.jpg

SDC10334.jpg

Door pulls:

SDC10327.jpg

And a relocated window switch set - not sure how to go about connecting this together yet, I think Rob said it was 172Ben's - I'll have to drop him a pm!

SDC10331.jpg

I've got to do an oil change on it next weekend, so will probably look at doing the door cards then, dogbone bush will be done in the new year.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Update.....

Did a service today, first time I've done this myself, and happy it all went smoothly :)

Parts I used:

SDC10718.jpg

Also treated it to a new aerial and some new flat aero blades:

SDC10720.jpg

SDC10721.jpg

And.......this turned up on Friday - the first piece of a big jigsaw to soon take place, anyone guess what it is?

SDC10784.jpg

Trophy Turbo :)
Thats a cup bracket.

Really impressed with the car, Were di u get the subframes for your seats from? I have my side mounts just need the actual brackets

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
too quick andy!

I got the frames through Demon Tweeks, they were custom made by Cobra - it's called the extra low subframes.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Andy, these are the pictures of the frames I've got so you can see what you're working too:

SL370087.jpg

SL370088.jpg

These are the pics that Cobra sent to me:

GetAttachment-1aspx.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

ClioMk3Lowered.jpg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Good work elliot, looks like it's coming along very well. You got the actual cup alternator yet?

Andyrg - check my project thread for info on subframes mate. I have just bought the steel for mine, £13 bargain. I have measurements if you want them.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Nice one Neil, no not yet but I can get it same day from Valeo - cheap monies too ;)

Am I right in saying it's 75A? I've got the part number that you and Kieran used on yours aswell...

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Cheers Fred.

I've got a full list of part numbers that I need to buy that I looked up with on Renault and Wests Renault's help.

You see on that bracket, will the adjusting bolt be ok to re use or do i need to buy a new one?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Fitted the CF door cards I picked up last month today.

Really nice fit, only issue I've got is with the electric window switches, I've left them poking out of the top at the moment and also how to fit the door check straps. Need try to and sort these asap really.

Door card off :

SDC10805.jpg

Tucking some wires away - the airbag switch and the passenger window switch:

SDC10807.jpg

Door cards fitted:

SDC10808.jpg

SDC10793.jpg

SDC10797.jpg

SDC10799.jpg

Hopefully do the headlining and a pillar next, need some info on the interior light switch and the wires that are hidden in the headlining!

DCi 100
Just go outside right now and pull the A-Pillars off and be done with them. It's one clip!

Cars one of my favourites on here.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Mines got the alarm sensor on each one (aftermarket alarm fitted to it) - do the sensors pull out from the pillar at all?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Had this little parcel turn up today :)

SDC10812.jpg

SDC10813.jpg

SDC10814.jpg

SDC10815.jpg

SDC10816.jpg

Yep, that's right - Whiteline ARB!

Can't wait to fit this and get my tracking/camber re-aligned :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Little update....been a while since the last one.

New yozza exhaust fitted :)

SDC11100.jpg

SDC11101.jpg

Also removed the headlining and tar:

SDC11089.jpg

SDC11091.jpg

SDC11093.jpg

Just a pain in the arse to remove the glue now....going to take a while to get this off!

Also fitted my TRS tow strap today:

SDC11105.jpg

SDC11106.jpg

I don't think it looks too bad actually but it's there to serve a purpose rather than look good :)

Just need to fit that Whiteline now!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I know Sam...all in good time!

I need to save some pennies before I throw myself into buying some :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome work mate, fitted my whiteline last week, piece of p*ss. Get it painted or coated beforehand i advise as they are meant to rust like fook. Ordered my yozza aswell mate.

All looking good

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Ah good good, looked through the instructions in the box and looks pretty straight forward.

Passenger side window has packed up too, so polycarbs have jumped up the priority list.

When are you fitting yours Neil?

Clio RS 172 2004
thanks for the update and congratulations for the mods; one question, what model is the struv bar? is the V6 model or how can I find it in their portal?