ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook Pro...... Sell it to me!

Mondeo ST220
I'm getting really tempted by a MacBook Pro at the moment. It's a lot of money to spend though, looked at the buyers guide on macrumours and it said it's towards the end of the cycle so the last thing I want to do is buy one and a new updated version to be out a month or so later.

I know Apple are very coy about product releases but does anyone have any educated guesses on when an updated Pro will be released?

Mondeo ST220
Yeah I suppose it's going to be out of date at some point but just don't want to spend a hell of a lot of money a month or so before a new one comes out with some major updates. I'm struggling enough to justify the price over other laptops anyway ha.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Can the anti glare screen be fitted after iv got the laptop? Or is it something that can only be factorty?

I think you can get an anti-glare film for glass screens but it looks horrible. Some of the guys on here bum the gloss screen just because it has a black bezel but you should really try both screens out in store. It's a bit more money for the anti-glare one but there's no way I could live with the gloss/glass screen and I'd hate to have spent all that money on a nice notebook to get annoyed with reflections and have to adjust the viewing angle to be able to read it comfortably for the sake of a couple of hundred pounds. Reflections (even if they're of me) for the massive loss!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
P1010656.gif

BOOM...... Its landed!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
H'exellent.

What spec did you go for?

I'm going to have a thread sort of, maybe, kind of, like this in a couple of weeks.

I need to go test out the difference between the 13" and the 15".

Oh, and is the price you got just a student discount price?

Inferno 182 CUP
everyone uses office thouh its so popular that even mac users use it so they can pass files to windows idiots

For me, Office is a necessity for business. I couldn't function without it. I've tried iLife previously, and found far more compatibility problems than I've experienced with Mac Office. Hopefully 2011 is even better in that regard. Only just started using it, but already I can see it's a lot more like actual Office in terms of the UI.