ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M3 Nurburgring crash

PH1 iceburg
Found this on another forum not sure if its a repost!!!!

No footage of the crash itself, but cheesy wotsit me, this is only lucky to be alive M3 driver with a dread-to-think-about it repair bill from the Ring!

Quote:The M3 was driven by an experienced driver. The cause of this accident was due to traffic. The M3 entered a blind curve where it hit a Mini Cooper driving a lower pace. After the impact the M3 got fire. In the end the vehicle was completely a total loss. The driver survived due to the build-in roll cage.

"It will polish out" lol

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x510 and weights 346KB.
car_crashes_bmw_e36_m3_at_nordschleife_03.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x510 and weights 302KB.
car_crashes_bmw_e36_m3_at_nordschleife_01.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x510 and weights 344KB.
car_crashes_bmw_e36_m3_at_nordschleife_02.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
what do the ring bill for? the emergency crew? ive never been so i dont know :)

You get billed for everything!

Length of time its closed, damage to the track, damage to the armco, emergencey services call outs....

Wouldn't suprise me if that bill was £5/6k.

That BMW looks very familiar.... Didn't 1PBY have one very similar?? :eek:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got those plates on my van....

I don't wear leather shorts or have a moustache.

Mini Cooper S
I bet he really wishes he got track insurance! But surely you would if you had a track M3?

It's A Reno
Like the suicide doors. :)

I wonder what actually happened. I wonder if he was driving like a dick?
Having been to the ring a few times, I know that there is some inconsiderate and frankly dangerous driving from peeps in powerful and fast cars.

Mini Cooper S
Tbh...if I had survived a crash like that, I wouldn't give a s**t what price I had to pay! I'd just be greatful I was still alive.

Audi A3
Tbh...if I had survived a crash like that, I wouldn't give a s**t what price I had to pay! I'd just be greatful I was still alive.

+1 wouldnt care about the bill after, just walking aways good enough to make you not care about the bill or the car for awhile!

only been the once and am happy to leave it at that - some fairly disturbing moments in just 8 'goes' (all involving traffic - either people coming up from behind, blind, 'at ramming speed', or bikers turtling on their backs just as we came through blind corners - 3 incidents of that, each on seperate laps! also an idiot on a bike who turned in across the front of me - very, very nearly tipped him off). was a busy day though

got to admire those who have a go regularly. pays your money, takes the risk

325xi ¦ MX-5
least it wasnt a e46/e90

i'll show you one!
crashed at the algarve track:

crashing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOwRPhjdRs
breaking the car apart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRpN1wOcTuI
the other side of the car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scAYYsZkm0Y

the comments are in Portuguese but there's no need for translation... basically all the comments are jokes about the driver... who obviously wasn't very pleased... and should have bought a 320d...

not as bad as the one on the 1st topic though...

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
i'll show you one!
crashed at the algarve track:

crashing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOwRPhjdRs
breaking the car apart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRpN1wOcTuI
the other side of the car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scAYYsZkm0Y

the comments are in Portuguese but there's no need for translation... basically all the comments are jokes about the driver... who obviously wasn't very pleased... and should have bought a 320d...

not as bad as the one on the 1st topic though...
FLOL!!

clio 200 F4Rt
another good reason why next year probably wont be my 6th year in a row at the Ring.

the place is not only mega expensive these days, but becoming more and more dangerous!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Replacing armco post: €39 each[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recovery truck: €190 (inc VAT)[/FONT]

everything then apart from the recovery truck is charged at 19% vat

The record armco bill I'm aware of is €15,000 :eek:

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
i thought armco was charged at a 1000 euros a meter? well thats what a bloke i know was charged when he crashed into it and wiped 2 bits out

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Replacing armco post: €39 each[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recovery truck: €190 (inc VAT)[/FONT]

everything then apart from the recovery truck is charged at 19% vat

The record armco bill I'm aware of is €15,000 :eek:

that just puts me off going :(

VRS
Ohh Schnapp!!! Thats bad!!

Any pics of the Mini the BMW hit?

can see it here getting put on the flatbed

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x510 and weights 302KB.
car_crashes_bmw_e36_m3_at_nordschleife_01.jpg