ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering my clio 1.2 mk2

renault clio 1.2
Hi guys i want to lower my clio i was thinking coilovers is the best way to go can anyone recommend a brand or the best ones out there to fit my car also i was wondering if any of you came across any problems when lowering yours cars if so could you tell me what problems i could come across thanks

What's your budget? you looking for cheap lows?

TA Technixx if you want cheap stuff. The ride WILL be harsh.

Or some FK coilovers if your budget can stretch to them.

I'm guessing its a mk2 ph2 1.2 16v? You're bolt spacing should be 58mm. Better be sure and double check. if you're unlucky and have 52mm bolt spacing, your coilovers options are limited.

clio 1.2 extreme
Dont go too low, pain in the arse haha
Also some of the bolts can be really stiff and can take some doing to get them undone

clio 1.2 extreme
Not exactly hard to fit, but can take some time.
First time I put coilovers on it took me and a mate 6 hours :eek: haha. Then when I replaced them with lowering springs it only took 2 hours on my own. Think most of the time went on undoing the seized bolts.
Oh and make sure you have the right sized spanners/sockets

renault clio 1.2
yeh thanks for the replys and yeh i looked at vmaxx but they dont go low enough has anyone got a link to something that can help me with fitting the fk coilovers ?

I have the TA-Technix ones, they go ridiculously low if you so desire, I have them down about 50mm odd and they're good for the lows, but as said it's a bumpy ride. As for fitting - i left them in to mates/mechanics and they fitted them for £70 odd quid.

Edit: I paid £220 for my coilovers brand new on ebay

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST2 MP215
Given the fact you aren't going to be zooming around tracks etc you won't really need the performance of Coilovers anyway, why not just get some Cooksports Springs or the like and Slam it, which is what lowering is all about not putting Coilovers on, different purpose imo.

clio 1.2 extreme
Depends how low you want to go...
My adive is buy my fk springs and shocks off me they are brand new, have the same on my car atm they are 60mm
20130920_145550-1_zps49c8c168.jpg

Or proper slam it, looks better imo. But has no practicality
How mine was..
WP_20130728_001_zps6273d2a0.jpg

PB Clio 172
Depends how low you want to go...
My adive is buy my fk springs and shocks off me they are brand new, have the same on my car atm they are 60mm
20130920_145550-1_zps49c8c168.jpg

Or proper slam it, looks better imo. But has no practicality
How mine was..
WP_20130728_001_zps6273d2a0.jpg

first pic looks so much better IMO