ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower seats, but not fixed buckets.

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
Hi all

I'm hopefully picking up a 182 sometime next week, so as usual I'm already putting a shopping list together!

I'm intending to do the odd track day so want something supportive, and as I'm pretty call (6'3ish) I could with something a bit lower than standard!

It's not going to be a stripped out racer, so I need access to the rear.
I could just stick a bucket seat in on the drivers side, but would rather they match.

I've seen a few pairs of corbeau/cobra/sparco flip/recline seats for sale on eBay, but are these likely to be much lower than standard? I'm guessing by the time the subframes etc are on there won't be much in it.

What would you suggest for a decent pair of seats that will still let me access the rear?

I haven't got a set budget, but again don't really want to drop 600 on a car worth less than 2k!

Thanks

Titanium 182
Would also like to know this,
After sitting in a lot of supportive seats that hold you in, then sitting in the standard clio's
you can defiantly tell the difference, obviously fixed ones are better and hold you in position but i like having back seats.

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
OK having done more research, It seems that my best option will be to find some cobra xlow subframes (easier said than done!) along with a pair of reclining seats.

Assuming I can't find a pair of xlow subframes, what other options are there? Has anybody made custom mounts for their clio?

OK having done more research, It seems that my best option will be to find some cobra xlow subframes (easier said than done!) along with a pair of reclining seats.

Assuming I can't find a pair of xlow subframes, what other options are there? Has anybody made custom mounts for their clio?

Funnily enough I have a set, how much of a rush are you in to get some?

You could get some recaro subframes (very expensive new £300 from capital IIRC or try and get some 2nd hand) and fit some Recaro seats from something like a Evo 4, which do flip forward even though they came in a saloon car :S are really supportive but look like the 1990's regurgitated them.

Recaro Treadlines tend to be very popular, and very expensive, and some people don't reckon they reduce the seating height much and to quote someone on here 'I have sat in deeper puddles'

Someone had some Sparco seats that flipped forward in a 182 - do a search on them.

You could remove the spacers under the seat in the mean time to drop the height a little.

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
Funnily enough I have a set, how much of a rush are you in to get some?

Well, seeing as I haven't bought the car yet not in a massive rush (hopefully picking it up on Saturday).

On the other hand, I'm buying it with the intention of taking it on trackdays. If I can't fit properly with a helmet on, then I could do with sorting something sooner rather than later!

Well, seeing as I haven't bought the car yet not in a massive rush (hopefully picking it up on Saturday).

On the other hand, I'm buying it with the intention of taking it on trackdays. If I can't fit properly with a helmet on, then I could do with sorting something sooner rather than later!

PM incoming.