ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop randomly restarting?

Mate at work wants another of these white laptops asked me to sort him one... Here we go again lol on the bright side there's plenty of stress relief about

65612EA9-7152-43F3-981F-B90AAE98FF4F_zpsga7jau4f.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good thinking :p Sounds like a dangerous place to work ;)

Has anyone shocked themselfs on a CRT monitor?

Those b******s can retain charge for months!

For the record, I would have been looking into heating issues with this initially - but as it's a laptop, memory takes a close 2nd place in suspicion. Once de-clogged of pubes, dog-hairs and other s**t, if a laptop still fails to behave, memory is always the next stop. I don't really understand why the ratio between memory failing is so much higher with laptops? Inadequate cooling much have something to do with it?

At least you got the b*****d fixed :)

D.

Those b*****ds can retain charge for months!

For the record, I would have been looking into heating issues with this initially - but as it's a laptop, memory takes a close 2nd place in suspicion. Once de-clogged of pubes, dog-hairs and other s**t, if a laptop still fails to behave, memory is always the next stop. I don't really understand why the ratio between memory failing is so much higher with laptops? Inadequate cooling much have something to do with it?

At least you got the b*****d fixed :)

D.

Luckily I've never had to work on one, however I have had to work on a eMac where the MOBO is split in half on each side of the screen (if that makes sense). I was shitting myself!

I thought heat issues, however thermal protection would stop it turning back on without taking battery out & removing the power cable!

Cheers D good to keep in mind especially the amount of laptops I deal with Tom, I may have got slightly bored and took a HDD out of a laptop at work that looked like it had been run over by a car so I got some pliers and just peeled it open :) I now have a nice mirror sat under my screen lol!