ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop randomly restarting?

Should switch to us dude ;) competitive prices lol! We also do data destruction and all that mumbo jumbo and asset inventory and imagining basically an IT solution.

Right here's the BIOS
Can't really work it out from that. Have you tried this tool? How is the laptop running, anymore restarts?

Competitive prices as in we pay you, or you pay us?

Currently we don't pay, or get paid for stuff we scrap. Just about to scrap 30 laptops actually!

InsydeH2O v1.04A.T04

Still running fine without the base plate on and 1 stick of ram in.

Ah you pay us lol ;) I'm not entirely sure how prices work I'm just a warehouse monkey and occasionally go out on jobs lol. We mainly deal in universities and banks.

InsydeH2O v1.04A.T04

Still running fine without the base plate on and 1 stick of ram in.

Ah you pay us lol ;) I'm not entirely sure how prices work I'm just a warehouse monkey and occasionally go out on jobs lol. We mainly deal in universities and banks.

No deal ;) We've scrapped about 8k's worth of stuff in the last year, we don't want to pay someone on top of all the free stuff they've just got from us!!

The laptop is a acer/emachines, no wonder it's a bit crap! Hmm must have been overheating however it shouldn't reboot after a thermal cut-out. Could be dodgy ram too but you ran memtest on it didn't you?

Yeah mate I did windows memory test from the windows 7 boot cd and it didn't seem to throw any errors although it soon started up startup repair I've just installed the other stick of ram and put the plate back on I'm going to try and stress test it some how hmmm defeat the HDD maybe something really labouring.

I present to you...

The f**king c**t of a problem!

A7F6F1B7-C331-431F-B258-D12AFADCD641_zpscpyuaj77.jpg

FFS! Installed updates no bother this time!

I've a box full :p muhaha ill just take one with me tomorrow b****cks to it! Haha ill cut this one up with bolt cutters and throw it at one of the lads it's what I normally do anyway. Cheers though! Mucho appreciated!

I've a box full :p muhaha ill just take one with me tomorrow b****cks to it! Haha ill cut this one up with bolt cutters and throw it at one of the lads it's what I normally do anyway. Cheers though! Mucho appreciated!

Flol! I only have a box of shitty ddr, I can never find anywhere to use it!

It's okay mate. Feel free to pm me in the future if you have issues with any other computers etc :)

Shall do buddy! I have mainly DDR2 about 4 sticks of DDR3 and a few sticks of just DDR lol I love destroying stuff :) especially fun destroying laptops and HDDs smash them with a hammer to shatter the plate haha.

Shall do buddy! I have mainly DDR2 about 4 sticks of DDR3 and a few sticks of just DDR lol I love destroying stuff :) especially fun destroying laptops and HDDs smash them with a hammer to shatter the plate haha.

Aha hard drives are the best to destroy! I once tried to destroy a 3.5" hard driver with two f**k off magnets. Must have been about 30cm long by about 10cm high from metal work. Put the drive in between them and moved them about etc.

Went back to my office, plugged it in and it was perfectly fine, all the data was there and still readable! Myth busted

LOL! We just tend to use more... Destructive techniques? Anything under 40GB is worthless to us so the fun begins trouble is it can turn into a frisbee war with them and they fooking hurt if they hit you I have a bruise on my elbow from Thursday last week from one lol!

LOL! We just tend to use more... Destructive techniques? Anything under 40GB is worthless to us so the fun begins trouble is it can turn into a frisbee war with them and they fooking hurt if they hit you I have a bruise on my elbow from Thursday last week from one lol!

I've taken a sledgehammer to one before if that counts? ;) f**k me that sounds dangerous! Through a floppy drive back in their direction, lighter so they travel faster!

I like to keep my hands supple for the misses :p.

Not that I'm aware of however they don't make it round to use I'm on secondary which involves me testing computers and grading them on how they work or if they are missing anything and I do data control like wiping the HDDs or removing them for destruction.

Have had a good few power supply's blow up with sparks and fire as we plug the leads into them LOL that makes you jump.

I like to keep my hands supple for the misses :p.

Not that I'm aware of however they don't make it round to use I'm on secondary which involves me testing computers and grading them on how they work or if they are missing anything and I do data control like wiping the HDDs or removing them for destruction.

Have had a good few power supply's blow up with sparks and fire as we plug the leads into them LOL that makes you jump.

Cheeky ;)

Ah crt's can make some good sparks! Haha, I had a student bring a charger that "sparked when plugged in". Decided to test it and there was sparks flying everywhere. Was only PAT tested a month prior, oops!

340i
Weird how memory tests didn't bring up any faults!

I threw away 50 DDR2 SODIMM's last week, they've been sat in my cupboard for months!

340i
That's what I thought, but it was Windows memory test, not Memtest so it could be to do with that!

Should have put them on ebay! 2GB DDR2 SODIMMS fetch about £10 each!

Thinking about it I've had a workstation with a memory fault that wasn't picked by Windows a few months ago, had me stumped until until I ran Memtest.