ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key Fob not working.

Hi, one of my key fob has not been working now for quite a while and want to try and get it working again if i can. During winter i broke my key in a petrol station trying to get the petrol cap off (i normally use warm water but i forgot and it was busy!) The plastic snapped on it. It did get the cap off and i carried on and used it to lock the car start it etc..

I still had a spare clio key from my old car so thought i would just change the plastics round on it to make it a working key again, i moved the whole inside + key to the old ones plastics. I went to try the key and nothing, it would not open using the button nor would start the car up once i was in, the immobilizer light just flashes. I don't understand why it has done it when nothing has changed to do with it.

I have tried pressing/holding in different positions when in the ignition and still nothing (well, electrics etc work) Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks.

clio mk1 RSI
if the key is from a differnet car you will have to get it reprogrammed , a lot of cash from renault