ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just joined CS. Wondering what i should do to my Clio

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Welcome, have a look in a few media threads and I'm sure you'll get an idea of where you want to go with it.

Focus 1.6 soon a 182
Can you see the pics?

Thinking of getting a set of 172 alloys, lowering it by 40mm and tints.

Focus 1.6 soon a 182
Haha I probs won't get them coz its quite expensive. The pics don't work because i took them with my dslr and they take up too much sapce. I'll take some with my blackberry and have them up later.

Ye I'm going to colour code it and i want to get some 172/182 alloys just need to find some first.

Focus 1.6 soon a 182
1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

This is my Clio. Anybody got any ideas for modifications?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well done, attachments sorted.

I'll give you a list, pick and choose what you will:

Full colour coding (minus rear bumper (see below))
Ph2 172 rear bumper
Cup spoiler
"Sport" front grille (cheap and very easy to do)
Eibach sportline springs OR coilovers if you can afford them
Ph2 172 alloys/o.z f1's/turini's (or some unique wheels if you've got the balls to try to make it something different)
Sport seats (half leather) these are a direct fit and can be picked up for a reasonable price.
Flat wipers are also a nice upgrade.

Hope that helps.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Clean it, service it, leave it the f**k alone. It's a 1.2 Clio, not worth wasting money on.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Whilst I can see what you are saying, that isn't really true.

That list you gave him would probably cost as much as he paid for his car in the first place if not more, and increase the resale value by zero. I would say that is a waste of money. My Mini is standard anyway.

EDIT: Plus the insurance premium increase for someone who I am assuming is male and under 21 will be ridiculous.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Whilst I can see what you're saying.... I modified my 1.2 quite a lot, did most of the mods listed above, yes, it'll cost money but if it's done over time then it's not going to break the bank.

If he keeps the originals, almost everything above can be resold when he comes to sell the car, actually giving him more money to buy a new motor.

Things like colour coding, RS grille, rs rear bumper, they're not really mods are they? If you bought a car with these things on, you wouldn't know they're not standard.

Focus 1.6 soon a 182
I'm not lowering it yet and I'm not doing anything performance wise.

Yeah I'm staying well away from halfords. Although i did get my head unit from there but i managed to knock £20 off that.

Just finished the black Renault badge:
Black badge.jpg

Keep it relatively standard. Best thing I done was keep my old 1.2 standard and just save the money. Maybe some lowering springs and a good clean/detail though.

I would get rid of the LED strips personally.

Focus 1.6 soon a 182
Yeah I'm taking them out in a few days.

I'm not going to be getting a new car any time soon because I'm going to uni in September.