ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's Ph2 172

Enjoyed reading this mate, even if every other post you made is about something breaking on these very reliable clios :wink: haha.

I ain't even started driving mine yet, got another month but I'm not looking forward to something dropping off every other week -.- it will happen. I know it. Your project thread adds fuel to that thought aha.

Good write ups!

Enjoyed reading this mate, even if every other post you made is about something breaking on these very reliable clios :wink: haha.

I ain't even started driving mine yet, got another month but I'm not looking forward to something dropping off every other week -.- it will happen. I know it. Your project thread adds fuel to that thought aha.

Good write ups!

So far i've had

Alternator break off (not really the car's fault that as it should have been held on with two and not one bolt)

Heater resistor packed in

Exhaust fusted to ruck

TDC (crankshaft sensor)

And now a cracked coil spring.

Apart from some cup dampers I should be getting off @Dooby I might get a panel filter and obviously some sort of semi slick and leave the car as is. Maybe, maybe get a drivers bucket seat or recliner and that's it.

Car is on 93k so should provide me with plenty of life yet.

Gonna save my cash for a Clio 197/200 or maybe a Megane 250 cup.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Sounds like what Im doing with mine, get the fundamentals sorted and just enjoy it. To many people enter into these 'epic' builds and never drive it!

FB_IMG_1442931337911_zpsn5enmbny.jpg

They're here! Fitting tomorrow!

They're on and awesome! Not noticed much less body roll or significantly better handling but then I havent pushed it yet.

It's actually more comfy than the standard springs on the road. GREAT SUCCESS!!!

Did an oil change yesterday. Old stuff was looking brown so whacked in some Halford stuff I had sitting in the shed. Will do till the next change. Probably before a trackday.

Need to get some pics of how the car sits now. Most people complain the rear of the Clio sits too high but I think mine is lower than the front!

Now for sale. Mechanically solid just need a new battery for the key fob and cosmetically still has they key scratch down the passenger's side.

Picking up a 2016 Polo Gti on Tuesday :D