ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JDM Y0 - My new project **** PG36 - Breaking ****

TT QS
Re: JDM Y0 - My new project **** Wheel refurb and 30mm drop PG24 ****

i really have a soft spot for type r's. especially this shape.

car looks absolutely spot on mate keep up the good work

S3 Sportback, Ninja

Looking good mate, I put the 30mm ABP on my FN2 with Rages 2 weeks ago. Looks spot on and if im being honest the ride quality has improved from standard! How you finding the springs?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Love it. i'd be tempted by a UK plate for the rear. Wrong i know but the jap one looks like its out of place.

Where did you get your wheels done, I assume they are paint being Champ white?

I've been trying to find a proper place that will use IXEL paint codes.

Swift Sport

Looks very nice mate. I'm interested to hear what you think of the new setup!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245

Very nice Ben, close to going for the FRSU myself but not sure if I want to spend the money on other things, lol!

Yeh they were painted, done by a mate from the type r forum. He's on Facebook as well - Magicdetail.

Ste, set up feels good. Just the right height. Not given it death yet but I'll give it a few days to settle.

Fit my JDM door sills today -

4e7f0c1a.jpg

00800a46.jpg

Looking smart mate, nice to see a JDM one.

For me the fog and Nur sticker need to go off the back. The fog looks really out of place even if it is JDM. Problem is most pikey Jap dealers use to stick those fogs on cars.

It's a shame they didn't do a boot and front bumper to fit the Jap plates as they do look a little out of place (and I love Jap sized plates lol)

Think I'll remove the sticker and see if it helps. I want to keep the plate ideally.

I'll look into a rear end respray on It to remove the fog light see how much it'll be :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think even the sticker removal will give a cleaner look. :)

Went to eightspeed today, Stevie said he would have a look at a few things for me. The rattle turned out to just be the auto tensioner, so im on the hunt for a new one.

Few pics with my engine bay as it currently stands as well..
IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

I think you should buy that ARC Metal Hard Pipe TBH ;)

Megane 225 F1

Looking nice. Always enjoy coming in here and checking out the progress. Nice to see some care taken with a car.

What's the future plans for it?

Well i need to get a new auto tensioner, hopefully found a brand new one on the forum for £50, otherwise they are about £148.

Got a slight suspension problem, where there is to much caster on the drivers side wheel, i think my shock is fooked as its very lose and you can see it wobble, so ill get a new shocker and see if that fixes it. If not ill have to have a look at the hub and wishbones etc. The wheel is about 18mm further back then the other side so its pulling to the left but only when accelerating, otherwise it fine, which is weird.

Once thats done its new tyres, and then a spoon b pipe, manifold and then KPRO. Then ill save for a charger :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Weird one, that! Top mount bushes?

Yeh, stevie(eightspeed) said best just get another shock, try that and go from there.

Its weird though - these are my results from ABP after the alignment

It was bad before as there is only so much adjustment int he standard arms and a knigtmare when you've refit standard suspension.

756a162d.jpg

Once thats done its new tyres, and then a spoon b pipe, manifold and then KPRO. Then ill save for a charger :)

What manifold are you getting? If it's spoon are you just getting the 4-2 part or the 2-1 aswell.

Spoon would be nice, but I'm not paying £1000. Ive looked at a buddyclub one which is nice.

Ill just hang around for a second hand Toda hopefully :)

Polo BlueGT
I might be able to get you a spoon manifold at a decent price. My mate bought it for his and has never had it fitted. His runs 237.9bhp from standard.

:)

Pretty sure I've sorted my handling problem. w**k tyre on one corner. Swapped them about went for a drive and it's completely fine now.

Will double check again on the way to work tomorrow. It all seems good.

New tyres ASAP now! LOL

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully just that mate. "set back" is usually the bottom arm (wishbone) mate.

There is a lot of play in the bushes as well. New drop links could be in order as they are abit wobbly, not massively. But enough.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Bushes won't help but the arm would have to takd some hit to be that far back.

Can't even buy my wishbones anymore! Fml!

What about getting the superpro caster increasing bush kit? Rated highly from what I've read.

Ill just replace them, some on ebay for £99 new for the pair, although part of me would rather buy from Honda. Hmmmmmmm

I want the JDM ones :) For cool points. Although ive looked at the complete super pro kit as well.

Polo BlueGT

248576_217758184922186_100000640181340_717063_6446562_n.jpg

that's my mates. they're awesome and waiting on info about the mani.