ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JDM Y0 - My new project **** PG36 - Breaking ****

Re: JDM Y0 - My new project **** Front bumper respray :) - PG22 ****

Ok, i like the ARC alot, its not quite as loud as the tegiwa on VTEC, alot more mid range grunt, but loses out abit at top end...

Anyway, few more parts arrived. Genuine Honda JDM bulb, and a new cap for my radiator tank

IMG_1774.gif

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245

ARC FTW!

Looking good mate, be careful with cracks on the Arc though, they're renound for it :(

Thanks mate :)

Just collected these, been waiting for ages for some to come along as i couldnt be arsed waiting for some to be imported!

Genuine JDM Carbon Fibre door sills :):)

IMG_1775.gif

IMG_1781.gif

IMG_1776.gif

Look great, should yours not of come with them as standard though?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The "R" is so Japanese. Loves it mate.

Can imagine the bodyshop had fun matching CW.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Re: JDM Y0 - My new project **** JDM Carbon door sills PG23 ****

Do the Centre caps pop out? Im getting my wheels refurbed and dont know if I need new caps or new stickers?

Thanks

CBR1K, F21 125D

Yes, they do.

Then new stickers and lacquer over them.

I tend to use a pipette of pearl red and lay them flat, but that's only because I don't like flat coloured sticker / & me being anal for anals sake.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30

How does the ARC sound compare to the Tegiwa Ben mate?

Dropped of with Matt today for its wheel refurbed, i gave it a good clean before it went there as hes also going to have a look at the paintwork to see if he can give it a detail for me :)

Few pics after its clean

1eb16a99.jpg

f00c9d79.jpg

45e06c4b.jpg

Notice the standard ride height, its booked in at ABP on Thursday for a FRSU and a 30mm drop on Eibach srpings :)
ada32f95.jpg

Nice, will be good to see what it looks like after the springs.

Should look much better tbh. Although the handling standard is amazing!! Forgot how good it was :) My camber is well out on the front though, think its 1.25 left side, 0.21 right. They couldnt get it any close as i needed adjusters hence booking it in for everything anyway :)

Also, been in touch with a guy in Japan, hes going to have a look at my paperwork for me and tell me where the car is from etc. Proper geeky but meh!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

You going for full camber adjustment and an frsu?

Ive bought the arms and bolts just need them fitted and set up,

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

Yeh everything :) Front and rear cambers adjusters, the 30mm springs etc

I cba with coilovers again, and the FRSU is cheaper!

ABP doing it all?

I've got the springs fitted, and Ive bought the arms just need them fitting and setting up, but ABP are miles away!

Re: JDM Y0 - My new project ****Wheel refurb and 30mm drop PG24 ****

Picked up the car last night after it had its wheels refurbed in champ white, looks so much better now!!

Before - Not sure if you can see the creamyness in the wheels in this pic

30c7bbf4.jpg

After

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

Then i took a trip to ABP to have the 30mm eibach kit with camber arms fitted and set up.
IMG_1837.jpg

After the drop

IMG_1839.jpg

Ill get some better pics tomorrow :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Re: JDM Y0 - My new project **** Wheel refurb and 30mm drop PG24 ****

Looks awesome Ben.

£575 all in from ABP?

However, havent you gone from Coilies to springs now?

£585 i think it currently is.

Yeh from Tein superflex to these. Ill get coilovers again at some point, i just didnt like the Tein and these will do for now :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

That set up Its supposed to be a great compromise for those who cant afford cooilovers. I've got the springs fitted and the camber arms/bolts, just need them fitting and the FRSU, but ABP seem quite pricey to me?

I always thought Tein were the b****cks, but I read somewhere (may have been n here, in this thread or the JDM one) they are pretty harsh especially on UK Roads.

Fresh rubber too?

Teins really are terrible. Spring rates & damping are most likely fine for Japan's smooth roads, but not for our lumpy shite.

They know what they are doing with Hondas, depends on if you can put a price on that or not.

Tein are just expensive, IMO they aren't really that good, and the paint flakes and falls off really easily. To hard as well!

Ill get meister R's after a few months, although there is a nice set of KW's in the for sale section ;):)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Superb Ben. Looks super fresh now.

What colour are they standard?

The only thing I dislike is the rear. It's looking so fussy. Badges, weird plate then the fog. The side and front look über clean with smooth lines.

Uber hate for the fog recently on all forums!

Champ white standard mate, they just go creamy over time, especially as it 10 year old paint.

TBH i may get rid when i get the rear bumper resprayed. Ideally id like to keep the ring sticker, and the civic, type r and uk flag tho.

Its tough as that fog is proper JDM yo and a £400 option! LOL

But i know what you mean, smooooooooooth!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's not even like I hate it. If it had less badges and a normal plate it wouldn't actually look that cluttered.

I don't like the ring sticker. I love the union jack but again it makes the tailgate cluttered.

I'm not even sure what I would change.

Probably rid of the ring sticker and the fog. Then a normal plate. That's just my unwanted opinion. :eek:

Probably looks better in the flesh.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

I've got a ring sticker on mine, Im taking the Civic badge off and leaving Type R when I polish it.

Maybe get a Mugen Plaque under the Type R Badge, but only Mugen part I have is resevoir socks lol

I think its because the rear plate in japan(and the front) are white, so they must kind of blend in.

I like the plate as it O.E.

Hmmmm ill have a play :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

Perhaps move the Nurburgring sticker down and in a touch so its inline with the Recess?