ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JakeJ's carbon black 535d

BMW 535d
Hello all,

I have been on this site for 3 years now. I took a bit of time out after my clio got written off but now I am back! Some of you may remember my old 1.2 sport rep that went through several stages.

it started off like this

P1000140-1.jpg

and finished like this

P1010029.jpg

Anyway.... I then went though a few cars. I had a 03 focus 1.6 which I never bonded with and had it for 2 weeks before the engine went... (Never really liked fords and this didn't help). Then I got a Hyundai coupe which was okay but I wanted something with better build quality so I decided to sell that to my dad and buy a 3 series. I didn't really have anything specific in mind, just that it had to have leather and be diesel. So looked around for a week or 2 and found an estate locally. It had standard 17's and was an SE but fitted the bill so went and had a look.

I modified it a little with angel eyes and genuine M3 alloys and had the arches widened to suit! Ended up looking like this.

imagejpg2_zps3ca0df55.jpg

Next to my dads 330d m sport that he sold the Hyundai for.
imagejpg1_zpse57c1d1d.jpg

It will be popping up in the for sale section soon if anyone is interested!!

Moving on. I wanted something with lower miles and something quicker and more aggressive. So I started to look at e90 and e60 bmw's. Didn't want anything less than a 3.0 so it was between a 3/530d or a 3/535d. Several weeks of looking and thinking about it I decided on an e60. Then was the big decision! What engine to go for. I was back and forth between the two thinking a 530 is slightly cheaper and with a remap will give close to 535 power but a 535 won't have as much lag because of the twin turbo system! I wanted it to have a few creature comforts so it needed to have heated leather, climate control and as they all came with the nav screen that would already be there. Preferably wanted to have the 19' spider alloys and xenons. So the search continued.

I decided on a 535d purely because of the supreme nature of them and it was the top dog of all diesels at the time. I found a few that I liked the look of and but didn't get much response from some of the sellers.

I settled on a 54(05) Carbon Black 535d saloon. Had everything I wanted bar the xenons but I can always install them at a later date. 91,000 miles, Black heated leather, climate, new 19's with new rubber and a good tax and mot meant that this was the one. So last weekend I headed down to Ilford, Essex to pick the old girl up.

So here are a few picture of what she looks like.

imagejpg1_zps8e7e474d.jpg

imagejpg6_zps16c7fb45.jpg

imagejpg7_zpsed1b528e.jpg

imagejpg8_zpsa2e2341d.jpg

imagejpg9_zpse34f878e.jpg

I gave her a good de-tar and polish so while i was at it I had the front wheels off and painted the mammoth front callipers a fresh silver.

imagejpg5_zps4acd7b9e.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsf26b97f3.jpg

I love this picture and it's the best reflection I have ever archived :)

The plan is to help her standards with only doing bulb upgrades and just keeping her a clean as possible.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely. I have one, i'd just be scared of it breaking and the associated costs if it does break.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Father in law had a 530D and then a 535D and bloody hell there fast.I had my 182 at the time and the 535D just pulled away no probs.

Leon Cupra 300
I prefer the E90 335d like I had.. But they seem to be really holding their value at the moment.

Can't really go wrong with either though!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Father in law had a 530D and then a 535D and bloody hell there fast.I had my 182 at the time and the 535D just pulled away no probs.

This.

They are quick, I tryed to chase one in my ph1.

No chance.

Epic car dude, well done. :cool:

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Very nice!

A friend has a 530d on 250k miles. He picked it up dirt cheap but the last owner spent thousands on it, genuine bmw clutch, flyhweel, dpf all from BMW. The bill for dpf alone was knocking on 2k! In his ownership all thats gone wrong so far was the thermostat and it gets a hard life.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice. I was going to buy one but the three I test drove had gearbox issues which put me off.

Looks great though.

BMW 535d
Thanks for all the comment...

Its in a completely different league to all the other cars I have had! Just so much power and torque it's just relentless!

I did look at 335d's but they are a 2k-3k premium over the 5's. I just didn't have that sort of money in my budget!

The gearboxes can be touch and go. If you are looking make sure that the step down works on the last 10% of acceleration and also make sure it silky smooth when it changes gear.

The power on these are 272bhp or 284bhp for the LCI versions (2007 onwards) but not too sure of the torques.... I think it's about 410 or somewhere around that mark!!

Its so much quicker from 40-80 than most things on the road!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I used to have one a few years ago, was remapped also.

cracking cars!

n2x

e60/f10
I've been looking at E60's, so it will be interesting to here how you get along with it.

Make sure you get everything checked. I've spent bout 1k on mine in 6 months(oil leak + standard maintenance like brakes etc.) and its a petrol one. Heard that diesel turbos are even more expensive to maintain.

BMW 535d
Make sure you get everything checked. I've spent bout 1k on mine in 6 months(oil leak + standard maintenance like brakes etc.) and its a petrol one. Heard that diesel turbos are even more expensive to maintain.

My my dad's mate is an ex bmw tech so it will be going to him soon for a once over.. It's got good life left in the brakes and also there is no oil leaks so that's a bonus. Thanks for the heads up though.

I never test drove a 530d Ade T but I would assume they are much the same but with a little less grunt. The m-sports ride better than my old 3 series SE. I don't know if it's just because the 5 series is more of a luxury car or if the suspension is better etc.. I know it's firmer but it some how rides better..