ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacob's titanium ph1

Inferno 225 cup
I'm just messing about the headlights. I only get home from work about 530 during the week

Let me know when tho mate, will do it for you no probs :)

Jacob, i thought your idea with swapping to this from the meggy was money saving?!? lol

Looks awesome, not seen it out and about yet though, used to see you all the time in the megane, don't you shop at tesco anymore?!?

Aha no dude, morrisons now loads cheaper :)

Spent about £600 on it so far, and all in hood nature :) had a turn-around at work again so on the money train again:)

Will need your help with the seals and pistons tho please?? Going to be shot blasted Tuesday the spraying them up.

Inferno 225 cup
Well I've ordered a few more parts :) just couldn't help it. Ordered a new gearbox mount and some 25mm spacers off of dan, can't wait for them.

But in the meantime I think I've got a splonked driveshaft :( knocking when cornering ( only going round right hand corners) and whilst on throttle and Tickover, and Knocks whilst driving slowly, read that it could be ball joints amongst other things so will have a proper look when I've got time. Will see if the spare driveshafts I have are any good ( possibly not )

It's a slight set back but I've booked Bedford and would like everything all sorted for then, don't want things messing up on my first trackday.

And a quick picture of my new mirror caps off Simon@SS, will be getting the wheels powder coated the same colour, so hopefully finish the look off I want :)
sapavuqy.jpg

Will update soon on the bad side of things, I hope for the worst.

Inferno 225 cup
Evening at Bedford?

Hopefully if I can trace the knocking fully :)

Had my brakes back today and going to Seal them and spray them. Here's how they look now, loads of rust has been lifted but still need a good spray over. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368917350.257239.jpg

After reading through a few threads I decided I wanted to buy an rstuner, to give it a little more grunt and smooth the 5k kick out, so when one popped up on here I quickly sent a pm out :)

Inferno 225 cup
A little update for you guys, not done anything major to it, just the odd bits and bobs.

So today:

The brake set up wasn't that great so I gave g172 a pm and a couple days later I received front and back disc and pads and new rear disc shims, opted for brembo pads and Renault disc's and first impression is WOW!! I now have good brakes :)

New 25mm front wheel spacers and 5 mm back have now been fitted, which in my opinion looks a lot better but maybe need to go a little lower in the front.

Not washed the car in a good while so please bare with me :)

uju9yta2.jpg

ajepy5a2.jpg

mabehese.jpg

The best bit!!!>>

What I'm most excited about is on Tuesday I spoke to Simon and sprayshack and for him
To order and spray me a trophy spoiler :) can't wait to take delivery of that bad boy!!!

Bought a spare front bumper, so the spare front and back bumper will be off to the sprayers soon, not before CSS though :( doubt my wheels will as well, so may look s**t for the big event.

Replaced New gearbox mount too as the old one was knackered.

Going to have geo all set up and then go for shoot with Harpham :)

Cheeky snow foam pic from the last wash
py6e9ety.jpg

Last edited:

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
The brake set up wasn't that great so I gave g172 a pm and a couple days later I received front and back disc and pads and new rear disc shims, opted for brembo pads and Renault disc's and first impression is WOW!! I now have good brakes :)

Glad you're pleased with the brakes Jacob :approve:

Cars looking superb mate

Inferno 225 cup
Gave it a quick wash today, to prepare for CSS :) still needs loads doing to it :( front and rear bumper will be going to Simon and spray shack I think as I love his work, and with him spraying My new addition ;) pics later in the week, and possibly taking my wheels to the Coaters too.

Gave it a good snow foaming with chemical guys snow foam, highly recommend it, washed with AF lather shampoo and dry, will be doing a full decontamination detail next week.

Here are the pics
y2yvu8ur.jpg

se5a5eqe.jpg

4ade2u4u.jpg

ysa5ytuh.jpg

when I've gave it a full detail I will take better photos of it, with my camera rather than my phone. Only the odd bits and bobs let this car down but I will be making this immaculate!! Only had it 3 months and done a fair bit so got plenty of time left.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Great work as alway mate, ive got 2 days booked off before CCS to clean mine.

Looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh, oh and meeting you of course...:)

Inferno 225 cup
CSS tribute.

So my special buy trophy spoiler came last week, so me and my dad took Friday afternoon to re-wire brake light, fit trophy boot struts and fit my epic trophy spoiler thanks to Simon@SS.

Few pictures of the spoiler before fitting>
3e2asy3y.jpg

Anthracite lip
5u8epe9a.jpg

Re-wire
yhuqajas.jpg

Fitted
du9u2ede.jpg

upa7ysej.jpg

After we fitted the spoiler, I drove home and gave it a detail on preparation of CSS.

eta5etad.jpg

Inferno 225 cup
Then as I forgotten my camera,
The only pic for CSS is in the lay-by waiting to set of in convoy style.
ate4y3u5.jpg

And borrowing a pic from Harphams thread.

Ours at the LFE services
2udavu2e.jpg

CSS was great and to see some awesome cars, Craig/stu/harphams :) and a great turn out, but made me realise my 13yr old ph1 is in great condition compared to some newer clios.

Recently rung the council up about the stupid f**king attempt at re-surfacing my road with a spray of tar and layer of stones, so I rang and complained and today received my claim form, so I best get filling it in, and off to body shop for a quote on the bumper and bonnet due to the chippings.

Mind made: had a chat to myself and I've decided to go down the route of itb's and cams, rather than forking straight out to s/c it, I've decided to go down that route 1st and see how I feel with that setup, if I'm not happy I can always sell on for roughly around the price I'd of payed.

So yeah still in love with it :) just got to fit me new steering wheel and sort out this claim and I'll be over the moon.

Last edited:
You know I love this car. It's definitely an extremely clean ph1. Plenty of people were commenting on it at CSS.

Good plans ahead too. We'll need to have a chat, as they sound similar to the inspiration that I've gained ;).
​(Oh and we're having a motherfucking photoshoot soon!!)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Great plans mate, im looking forward to seeing your threads and the before and after power figures.

Id get a set of ARP rod bolts fitted as well..:)

Inferno 225 cup
You know I love this car. It's definitely an extremely clean ph1. Plenty of people were commenting on it at CSS.

Good plans ahead too. We'll need to have a chat, as they sound similar to the inspiration that I've gained ;).
​(Oh and we're having a motherfucking photoshoot soon!!)

Cheers mate, we was both running round like chickens to see Scott's :)

Yeah we definitely need to talk if we have the same plans in mind+ watching some itb'd vids on YouTube and that sound!!!

Give them a good clean and go and take some snappies dude. (Your better with the camera :))

Great plans mate, im looking forward to seeing your threads and the before and after power figures.

Id get a set of ARP rod bolts fitted as well..:)

I've been racking my brains on what to do Scott and rather than spends loads straight away without having any idea of what I actually want the itb's just seem best. Oh and I will be definitely fitting the ARP's and cams.

Inferno 225 cup
Well I thought I'd update this thread as I've gave it a wash and treated to a few new parts.

Here is how it stands at the minute, only gave it a wash today but looks pretty well so I assume its the products I used for CSS.

4evyqere.jpg

e9a3uhuz.jpg

The only two pics I have taken as I can't be bothered to take anymore :(

I'm Still undergoing a claim from the council for a front-end respray so the car still has a few stone chips and the odd dent.

I've taken a step closer to find the knocking in the passenger side by buying new cup wishbones and going to fit the TRE's I bought not long back, I've also bought a new thermostat as its not getting fully up to temp so will change them all pretty soon.

Onto the power side of things now and as it is its pretty damn quick to be honest and it handles so well and feels completely planted, the power delivery is great and just seems to keep on going so all is good on that part.

Until now

age4yba6.jpg

:) :) :)

I've been racking my brains on what to do I.e supercharge/turbo/itb and had quite a few ideas from other members and mates my decision was all over the place, then I watched a couple of vids of people running itb's pretty much took heart with the sound and keeping it oem with the delivery of it so once I saw Fraser's itb's and gen90 for sale I asked a few question to him and a few other lads and went to Stafford to pick them up as he was picking up a car From Fred so I gladly met him there. I've sent a pm to a lad on here selling some ED cams and going to buy this week the pure Motorsport air con delete kit and try and find an uprated engine mount.

So yeah I've pretty much got a throttle bodied oem squeaky clean ph1 build that's going to have an immaculate fresh with trumpets engine bay ;) don't know how quickly I will have them
Fitted by but I've got plenty of time :)

Hope you all like and hopefully next time I update I will be showing off my trumpets :)

stay tuned !!

Inferno 225 cup
I'm glad you've gone for it dude, this car's pretty damn awesome and with something special under the bonnet it'll be even better :)

Hopefully within time it will be how I want it Rob, just takes time that's all. It's its front end that let's the car down :(

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
whats up with the front mate, looks clean enough to me? or is it stone chip central like most?!

Inferno 225 cup
whats up with the front mate, looks clean enough to me? or is it stone chip central like most?!

Stone chips mate, some people will say I'm being picky but they're noticeable to me -and 2 dints but they've been there since I bought it.

Looking forward to breaking up from work in 2 weeks, gives me time to get the ball rolling.