ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's time... i7 Haswell time!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
OK, ready to retire the E5200 and build an i7 unit.

So already have a HIS HD7950 IceQ GFX and Corsair TX750 PSU - so all that's needed (have HDD's)...

i7list.jpg

​What are we thinking peeps?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
the one on there mate - Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Ordered and here tomorrow. Should have it built by Wednesday. :)

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Took some building but frig me it's fast.

All my experience scores have gone through the roof. 7.7 being the worst. Awesomes.

Not a 320d
I am still on an i5 750 running 4GHz. I would never go AMD. Not sure how long I have had it but its done well.

Really cant justify the upgrade for something that will play metro with about two extra settings. Looked at Ivybridge but the upgrade didnt offer that much in terms of performance gains. Whats Ivybridge-e all about?

Evo 5 RS
Not a lot, just Ivybridge unlocked with 2 extra cores. Had my 3960X since launch though and sold it already, so will be putting one in.

Just FYI it's not really worth upgrading your cpu for games unless you're running tri/quad SLI and at a sizable resolution. Although you would notice a few extra frames with an i7 at an extra 600mhz. 4Ghz is fairly tame. I noticed my 3960x at the stock turbo 3.9Ghz was a bottleneck for me.

Not a 320d
Itll run more but coupled with a 680 i have never needed to upgrade. BF3 with that fxaa mod is fine, doesnt stutter what so ever. Metro also runs sweet. only 1 monitor on 1080p

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I used to be an AMD fanboy until I went Intel - I'll never change back.

Few tweaks in the Bios and I'm on 7.8 for Processor and Memory... the rest at 7.9 :)

Steam next. Raid0 ftw.