ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's a bad day.

Clio 1.2
I started driving 3 weeks ago and my insurance is £3500 with admiral. That's just me on the car as a driver, I really didn't fancy using a tracker and not being able to go out after 11pm. Insurance is stupid though.... although I am glad I cant physically insure a Clio V6 or I am pretty sure that I would kill myself....

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I started driving 3 weeks ago and my insurance is £3500 with admiral. That's just me on the car as a driver, I really didn't fancy using a tracker and not being able to go out after 11pm. Insurance is stupid though.... although I am glad I cant physically insure a Clio V6 or I am pretty sure that I would kill myself....

Mental, surely a taxi everywhere would be cheaper? :S

Are you young folk doing the adding parents as named drivers and going limiting mileage (presuming you only do limited mileage) to try and keep costs down? Or just going it alone?

Clio 1.2
Mental, surely a taxi everywhere would be cheaper? :S

Are you young folk doing the adding parents as named drivers and going limiting mileage (presuming you only do limited mileage) to try and keep costs down? Or just going it alone?

Putting parents on these days actually increases the premium. All the usual stuff to make it go down... doesn't

And I like the fun of a car over a taxi :p, I want to get my No claims in early so I can get a decent car eventually!

AK

M240i
7k a year on insurance ?!

Do you live in Basra ?

Why do people buy Clios for first cars !? The stats are hilariously not in your favour as a yoof as the 10 threads a week on "my mortgage company won't give me enough money to pay for my car insurance".

LOL!

Bobby J.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Putting parents on these days actually increases the premium. All the usual stuff to make it go down... doesn't

And I like the fun of a car over a taxi :p, I want to get my No claims in early so I can get a decent car eventually!

Truth is, no claims makes little difference I have found. If I take my no claims off my quote online it goes up about £300 on the clio to just over £1k.

I'd be looking at getting a 125 bike if I were getting those sort of quotes tbh.

Clio 1.2
Truth is, no claims makes little difference I have found. If I take my no claims off my quote online it goes up about £300 on the clio to just over £1k.

I'd be looking at getting a 125 bike if I were getting those sort of quotes tbh.

This year my insurance is 3.5k. Next year with 1NCB it will be 1.5k so it does do something in the first year. Although your right after that it does nothing...

Ged

PD130 Peach
This year my insurance is 3.5k. Next year with 1NCB it will be 1.5k so it does do something in the first year. Although your right after that it does nothing...

On my 1.5dci 106bhp it was 2900 first year with just me on my insurance, and now is 1500 in my 2nd year of driving, and in my 3rd year of driving it will be 950 for a twingo 133.... insurance companys seem to think if you survive the first 2 years youl be right :p

All my friends is more than mine unless they are on a business or farm policy.. But 3.5k for a 1.2 seems steep!

Focus ST-3
Leeds uni trialled this ages ago, using Skodas iirc.

Never heard any more about it though.

Really? thats interesting, I thought there would be some reason (that I wouldnt understand) as to why it couldnt be done, and maybe there is which is why nothing came of it. Its nice to know that my zoned out thoughts arnt all a load of s**te though!!! :p

Focus ST-3
Your right Jenic. I just had a google and found the reports etc. They called it 'external vehicle speed control'. Apparantly a university in Sweden was conducting the same trial too.