ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

isit poss to get a 182 this low??

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yes, i reckon my vmaxxs would go that low, but why would you want to.

clio 182
i think it looks awsome!!! love the low look!!!

have you got any pics of your slammed DR

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa188/Jester_84/Lowered%20Bean/October09127.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa188/Jester_84/Lowered Bean/October09128.jpg

This was my first attempt at setting it at a good ride hite at the front lol, so would go lower than that. Don't see how it could be driven though.

There 15" wheels to.

Went for this in the end

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/DrRollo/inferno/DSCF2805.jpg

But even that was to low and rubbed on hard cornering, so raised it, now gone back to standard.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ye iv seen lower ;)

but there is a - side to it which involves scrapping bumpers etc, been there done that got hundreds of tshirts, its all depends were you park local roads etc,

M135i
i drive around like soo....

i just dont park half on and half off Kurbs or go over speedbumps,

My splitter has taken a rather big beating, but no damage to bumper.

DSC01919.jpg

DSC01917.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i bet most of these uber lows cars have never seen north wales lol ;) How you meant to jump in that?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
i bet most of these uber lows cars have never seen north wales lol ;) How you meant to jump in that?

Lol, im in North Wales :cool: my car has had its fair time scraping the ground tbh, but from what i see it as when its low the "aero-dynamics" work a treat :eek: haha

audi a6 3.0tdi
I took my low rider corsa on some of the single track lanes of north wales with grass in the middle it was an absolute nightmare it kept getting stuck.

1.2s are awesome slammed, lower the better IMO. Taking an RS that low is pointless and a waste of the car IMO.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Don't like the look of it that low! And would get major scrubbage if you want to have a bit of fun - which the 1*2s are all about.

I think DrRollo's last pic looks spot on. I think mine is too high but I can't get any lower without scrubbing because of my wheels offset:

4061251372_0c9a2de8ca_b.png

On standard wheels you could go a bit lower with no issues assuming 182 wheel offset is et45/48.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I think the car in the OP is way too low. It doesn't look right and can't be practical at all. The above pic is more or less spot on IMO, any lower and it'd start looking daft.

I'm all for a subtle drop but I really don't get this slammed thing. Why do people drive around on roads with cars that are not capable of using them without leaving bits behind? They look s**t, they handle s**t, and you have to do what when you see a speed bump? turn around and go back?

MCS R56
Make me laugh when you see idiots bouncing about on flat roads because there is basically only the tyre giving any sort of suspension. Then they come to a speed bump and it's like trying to ascent Everest!

I once overtook a Skyline in my Clio because he was edging over each speed bump and scraping the under carriage. He wasn't happy!

clio 182
obviously everyone has theyr oppinions personally i like it low, maybe not everyday but its good to know if there are coills out there thatl drop your that low in a few mins then you can, then if you need to lift it up. walla

audi a6 3.0tdi
Low cars are annoying my vectra kept getting stuck in the snow tracks that other cars had left lol.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Andy's (android) car looks absolutely awesome in the metal..

Yes it's low as hell but he doesn't seem to have a problem driving around as I see him all the time, fair enough he can't go over MASSIVE speedbumps and go up on kerbs, how often do you do that anyway?

Looks brilliant.

Andy's (android) car looks absolutely awesome in the metal..

Yes it's low as hell but he doesn't seem to have a problem driving around as I see him all the time, fair enough he can't go over MASSIVE speedbumps and go up on kerbs, how often do you do that anyway?

Looks brilliant.

+1 on that. Who gives a f*ck how it handles when it's a 1.2.

Mini Cooper S sport
I'm all for a subtle drop but I really don't get this slammed thing. Why do people drive around on roads with cars that are not capable of using them without leaving bits behind? They look s**t, they handle s**t, and you have to do what when you see a speed bump? turn around and go back?

I agree, but that's because we're grownups and fairly interrigent Roy.

I bet everyone aged under 20 thinks it looks cool.

IMO cars which have been lowered too much look look fcuking ridiculous. It just looks as though their suspension's collapsed. Renault paid people lots of money to get the ride height correct on my car, I don't presume to know better.

But each to their own, yadda yadda.

Do you mean 'voilà' by any chance? It's French, FYI.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
TBH I think it looks like the suspension is knackered! on a 1.2 then its a little more exceptable because your not ruining its point. doing that to something that is designed and aimed at people wanting to drive it, and have it handle well seems like your kind of missing the point?

but each to their own I suppose...

Iceberg 172
The car in the OP is way too low and the stance of it is awful. Mine is running slightly too low at the front but then looks absolutely amazing with such perfect stance, all i need to do is space out the rears slightly.... so I'll sacrifice a little scrub every now and then for the way it looks!

Ph1
Total waste lowering to that level on a Sport model.

Your loosing half the fun factor of the reason why its a Sport, the handling.

I'm suprised he hasn't been pulled for that yet, i'm sure on traffic cops someone got pulled for it being that low and he had a vehicle defect notice put on it because there really can't be any suspension travel in that?

I'm suprised he hasn't been pulled for that yet, i'm sure on traffic cops someone got pulled for it being that low and he had a vehicle defect notice put on it because there really can't be any suspension travel in that?

No. It was because they had camber or "Stance" (which is shite) and this had been achieved with bolts, wood and nuts which was botched.

clio 182
Do you mean 'voilà' by any chance? It's French, FYI.[/quote]

nope i meant walla!!

Rite so how many people drive the guts out of they'r rs daily, not many... I give mine a good booting now and again but im not diving in to bends at silly mph on a daily basis, I didnt buy a 182 for its handelling and tbh I couldnt give a s**t if it hanndled like a boat, and 90% of it is down to the driver, I dont want to be the muppit who thinks my car runs on rail tracks and then end up stuck to a tree. I wouldnt be driving flat out if it was low, unless on a motor way etc, where I dont think they have to many speed humps do they??