ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this normal on a 172???

2001 Ph 2 172
well mate your have had 15 pages of mostly good advice here on the forum and you stiil are barking at the same tree,,to own a Renault means you have to have some knowledge that is the nature of them,you said you have had 5 or more clios yet here you are wasting peoples lives. Do some research next time you decide to part with hard earnt cash

Clio 172, Clio 200
well mate your have had 15 pages of mostly good advice here on the forum and you stiil are barking at the same tree,,to own a Renault means you have to have some knowledge that is the nature of them,you said you have had 5 or more clios yet here you are wasting peoples lives. Do some research next time you decide to part with hard earnt cash

Yea next time I buy a car I won't look at the condition and test drive it, I will look into my crystal ball to see what will happen in two weeks time with it.

It's not that. You didn't put any effort into checking the car, just handed the cash over.

Then instead of actually doing something about it, you moaned on here and sent them emails. That was never going to sort anything.

If you think there are still problems with it, then deal with them.

182 McSportius
To those saying he did nothing about it.... I think if you had ACTUALLY "wasted your life" and read it properly - the car was picked up within 12hrs and sent back to the dealer.

Numerous attempts were made to reject the car but ultimately because they rectified the faults trading standards and consumer rights said he had to keep it.

I hope every person here saying he deserve crap luck religiously checks that the speedo goes up to what it's meant to in every car they have bought. A bit hypocritical if not. The engine WAS bad luck. The car had been stood at the dealership for nearly a year so the bearings broke down when they were suddenly abused lol. The engine when tested before buying sounded a damn sight better than our 182, maybe we had better sell it just incase.

It's A Reno
IIRC, the faults manifested themselves after the cash was handed over and as said, he rejected it as soon as he could.

He did everything right imo. He took someone with him who owned one and he was unlucky with how it unfolded.

Anyone who says they go through every single feature and system a car has when looking at one is telling porkies.

It's easy to criticise and say he should have checked on here.
Anyone who's bought a car knows that it is an exciting event and your head isn't a level as it should be.
You also, to a certain extent, rely on the seller being honest.

Can I also add that reminding people of their mistakes and rubbing their noses in it isn't a particularly nice practice.