ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this chap on here? Integra dc2

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
This is why you need facebook, not a day goes by when I don't see his 'VLOG' pop up on my feed along with cats in hats and political w**k. ha

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
You really don't. Ha. Useful for quick answers on car groups though - albeit a dubious quality of answer.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Recall convoying down to a Clio meet a few years back with him in Birstall Leeds, he had a PH1 172 with a 182 rear end (!) at the time. Awesome to see him doing well, enjoy his videos too.
@leeds_182, you were there in a Golf GTI!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Glad you like the videos chaps! Still got the DC2, almost 4 years I've had it now.

I did used to have the Ph1 with the 182 rear end yup, Oddysey Blue y0..
5743757651_e6cfaa2314_b.jpg

I was at Cadwell Park just last night in the DC2 and the car was flying, really happy with the setup now. Beat my previous PB by 2 seconds, exactly the same set up just more confidence on how to use it!

@Sir_Dave, that car popped up on my "Facebook memories" the other day. Beautiful car she was! Occasionally I have a look about for another one perhaps in 330i guise, but they're bloody rare. Have you ever seen a 330d Estoril Touring? That would be the dream, I think.

Still got my E36 and A4 too, E36 might be for sale soon though, no time to use it :(

26263716122_df8a4ffcf7_k.jpg
DSC_0862 by DanielJames., on Flickr

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
You really don't. Ha. Useful for quick answers on car groups though - albeit a dubious quality of answer.
What with people posting videos asking what this noise it, whilst its blowing a f**king gale and filmed through a toilet roll.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
What with people posting videos asking what this noise it, whilst its blowing a f**king gale and filmed through a toilet roll.
Not quite what I was getting at but ok. There are a few crystal ball questions tho defo

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
@DanielJames How was the FD2 on track?
Just as great as you'd imagine buddy. It felt like a DC5 to me, all be it a bit more stable.
The owner had a DC5 for 7 years before getting the FD2. He says it is definitely an improvement!
I got out of the FD2 a bit flabbergasted, I was unsure of what had just happened. This family car that had just taken me around Spa... Amazing.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Just as great as you'd imagine buddy. It felt like a DC5 to me, all be it a bit more stable.
The owner had a DC5 for 7 years before getting the FD2. He says it is definitely an improvement!
I got out of the FD2 a bit flabbergasted, I was unsure of what had just happened. This family car that had just taken me around Spa... Amazing.

Saw the 'Ring VLOG the other day pal, what was the cause of the horrible lap? Was it the dampers in the end?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

FD2 seems like my next logical step tbh, but the DC5 is staying just a little longer. (@Philip. Yay.)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245

Sounds amazing tbf! Jealous you got to hammer one around.

FD2 seems like my next logical step tbh, but the DC5 is staying just a little longer. (@Philip. Yay.)

Woohooo! :D

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Been spending my evenings watching these Vlogs thanks to this thread, and now for some reason I really want something with a K20 engine. (Not in a Honda though)

Surprised me how good to watch they are considering how boring you'd imagine them to be.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Been spending my evenings watching these Vlogs thanks to this thread, and now for some reason I really want something with a K20 engine. (Not in a Honda though)

Surprised me how good to watch they are considering how boring you'd imagine them to be.

What's wrong with it in a Honda? :anguished:

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
What's wrong with it in a Honda? :anguished:
It's my inner MX5 fanboi coming out. Would much prefer it in one of those. It's becoming a more popular swap

Hondas don't particularly do anything for me. Plus RWD

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Bearing in mind I'm heavily biased towards MX5's...

An S2000 is very nearly 300kg heavier than an MX5 (going by a quick google). The engines are fantastic but putting it into a lighter car would make loads of sense to me. You still keep reasonable practicality as well which you don't with something caterham like.

If an Mx5 came with a Honda engine from the factory I'd say it would have been the best base for a track car. You can even get a kit to slot a K20/24 into an mx5. (It might be £2500 without and engine)

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Yeah I guess you get it with every car. Chav or hairdresser, not sure which is worse