ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this chap on here? Integra dc2

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
13522920_10154151472697597_2442988417909441878_o.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
He did well to save it as much as he could. Real shame but he did want to crack the 8min mark.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
that let go incredibly quick, could have ended a lot lot worse. looks an easy fix from the pic

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Maybe he got a nudge from the guy he seemed to cut up rather sharply

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Been spending my evenings watching these Vlogs thanks to this thread, and now for some reason I really want something with a K20 engine. (Not in a Honda though)

Surprised me how good to watch they are considering how boring you'd imagine them to be.
A few people have put the K20 in the Mk3 MR2. I imagine that is an epic track platform tbh, but unless you can do it yourself (the engine mounts are off the shelf in the USA) then you'll obviously pay a lot for it.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
As people have said, always going to happen when you push yourself. No coming back from that. It went very quick.
No doubt it'll come back bigger and better.

RB Clio 182
He lives about 3 mins away from me, glad it wasnt any worse and you are ok Danny boy.

It snatched out of control very quickly indeed.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Pretty gutted for him, seems a right nice lad and really enjoy watching his videos.

Will be an expensive trip back no doubt.

Has Daniel actually worked out what happened? I was watching the video on FaceAche last night. Amazing how quickly that happened!

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
theres a little write up on his Instagram where he says the fuel tank had broken away from the body an was dragging along the ground. Possibly the cause, but who knows!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Just had a read, sounds like he got away lightly if anything.
From watching the Vlogs it looks like they've got plenty of dc2 shells hanging around so hopefully he can get it all running again in a new shell.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
theres a little write up on his Instagram where he says the fuel tank had broken away from the body an was dragging along the ground. Possibly the cause, but who knows!

Perhaps fuel pissing out on one of the tyres, or yanking the handbrake cable as the tank dropped, if it is that.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly what you need in a driver when s**t like that happens on track. He's clearly aware of looking around him and in the mirror and not panicking.

Good effort - a shame he didn't have the space to save it.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Interesting video, I imagine the Megane bloke telling him he was going too fast pissed him off no end.

Seems to be coping with it well, even just after the crash he is pretty normal on video.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mwgane driver getting owned lol. Just ran out of luck, s**t happens and could have been way worse. Watching his other videos he can't half drive. Hopefully this won't put him off

TTRS & V50
Very pricey. What was the first 1.2k even for ? Armco ? Looked reet to me.

Took it really well, most people that crash at 100mph with a massive bill impending would be reacting very differently. Not one moan of whiplash, yet, people have 10mph shunts and claim £1000s.

Best of luck getting it sorted as well as your finances.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
€1800 is really not that bad for hitting the Armco and getting towed off the track.

Very pricey. What was the first 1.2k even for ? Armco ? Looked reet to me.

And what happens when the next person crashes into it and it still looks reet, and then the next person goes straight through and hits a tree? Better safe than sorry. Small price to pay to keep everything going over there too.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Interesting that he was very quick to blame the car. Of course I wasn't there and I know it looked dry on the track, he was certainly making progress elsewhere but at the start of the video you can see the dew on the back window of the Teg and from what he was saying with the weather it's quite possible that part of the track just didn't dry out. It's the same bit of road my cousin crashed on many moons ago (the next corner infact) same sort of conditions and the car just went straight off the track instead of turning.

The ring is like ice when it's wet.