ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is the Renault standard car jack rubbish ??..

Flame red 172
Mine seems to be! A while back I tried to use it to raise the car and it was so difficult! My car is lowered so even though it was easy to fit the jack under the car, it was very difficult to turn it and raise the car! The jack is easy to wind when under no load and has plenty of grease, I wonder whether the problem is due to starting of with the jack at a lower than normal position.

Luckily I have a trolley jack at home, but want something in the car that’s easy to use in-case I get a puncture etc..

Any recommendations or does anybody else have the same problem?

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Mine snapped while jacking the car up and my hand punched the floor :'(
Now i drive it up onto blocks so i can get a jack under it.
Need a really low jack but dont know where to get one.

Dodgy one
Have to use mine to get a bit of lift get my trolley jack under it, Generally wazz it up a tad with the windygun lol

1.2 16V 2005
My jack never looks comfortable holding the car up! Always bent over to one side, when holding the car up!!

2001 Clio Sport 172
My jack never looks comfortable holding the car up! Always bent over to one side, when holding the car up!!

that's coz your handbrake is up matey.

If you let your handbrake down, it wont do it. think about the geometry. :p

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Yes.

Bloody thing has bent :(

Trolley jack does the job, but I now require a low entry one.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Same... tried to jack up the car a bit to get trolley jack in, handle snapped clean off.. great...

because of this, i now need to get hold of some wooden blocks to aid in the jacking up proceedure!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
because of this, i now need to get hold of some wooden blocks to aid in the jacking up proceedure!

Well mine is currently on stands out in the front garden, with the engine on the jack until my engine mount arrives.

So unless I get some big bits of wood I have no idea how I'll get it down, LOL!!!