ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it possible to install Cruise Control in a 1.2 Expression?

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if it was possible to install cruise control to a 1.2 Clio Expression '05 plate?
If it is possible what kind of price am I looking at? I've looked through the forum with people doing it in 182s etc. but not in 1.2s, I haven't got the funds to do it now but I was thinking of a future project!

Thanks in advance guys! :)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It is possible yes, but you'd need to swap out the dashboard wiring loom as I don't believe the expression models come with proper wiring to fit cruise control.

Providing you could get the loom, swap it over yourself (or add the necessary wires), and that the ECU had the cruise control pre-programmed in, you could probably source all the parts you need for less than 100 quid if you looked hard enough. Although fitting the loom is A LOT of work. It'd be up to you if you thought it'd be worth it

Many.
Probably not worth the hassle.

It'll probably need programming in the ECU and on the dash due to the spec of the car orignally.

You could add the wiring into your current loom, but its as much hassle as changing the full loom itself.

If you were local I'd offer to help out consdiering I did it to my DCi.

It is possible yes, but you'd need to swap out the dashboard wiring loom as I don't believe the expression models come with proper wiring to fit cruise control.

Providing you could get the loom, swap it over yourself (or add the necessary wires), and that the ECU had the cruise control pre-programmed in, you could probably source all the parts you need for less than 100 quid if you looked hard enough. Although fitting the loom is A LOT of work. It'd be up to you if you thought it'd be worth it

Probably not worth the hassle.

It'll probably need programming in the ECU and on the dash due to the spec of the car orignally.

You could add the wiring into your current loom, but its as much hassle as changing the full loom itself.

If you were local I'd offer to help out consdiering I did it to my DCi.

Sounds like way too much hassle for me tbh, I didn't expect a walk in the park but all of that sounds too much ;) Thanks very much for your help though guys, much appreciated! :)

And thanks for the offer of helping out Alex, nice name btw, I'm Alex W too :L