ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
OS X 10.10 "Yosemite" will indeed be free and it's rumoured to be released toward the end of October or early September. We're currently on Beta 3 and it's pretty damn stable with some nice features. I just wish some of the Mail features would filter thru to iOS as it's a terrible email App

dk

911 GTS Cab
anyone tried the new 'wave' feature where it charges the phone by putting it in the microwave for 1 minute 50 seconds?

my battery is really good, a day in london using it would see me get home with it at around 30-40% normally, but even with no wifi and 4g all days its sitting at 80%!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Battery is good, yes. I'd usually leave work with 100% as I have it permanently docked to USB... most times, my iPhone 5S would be dead by the following morning. However my iPhone 6 had about 89% still on it! Massive improvement :)

Be right back, going to try this microwave thing.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
anyone tried the new 'wave' feature where it charges the phone by putting it in the microwave for 1 minute 50 seconds?

my battery is really good, a day in london using it would see me get home with it at around 30-40% normally, but even with no wifi and 4g all days its sitting at 80%!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411496414.668974.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The battery is 100 times better.

I had mine fully charged last night at 100% at 10pm and just now at 8.10pm on tues i still have 65%

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have taken this picture from Pint 's post as i do not have this option on my phone.

Is there is a setting for it ?

9qinp0.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
My location services arrow is constantly on. Can anyone help me work out why? or whats using it?

Settings > Privacy > Location Services

Which ones are set to "Always"? May also be worth killing some unused background Apps that have "While Using" selected to.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Settings > Privacy > Location Services

Which ones are set to "Always"? May also be worth killing some unused background Apps that have "While Using" selected to.

Thanks mate. Worked a treat.

Funny how many things are constantly on without me knowing.

The one in question was app store was set to always.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
There are a few things you can turn off to squeeze some more out of the battery... Google is your friend.

Listerine & Poledo
I just discovered that if you exert force upon things, they may deform.
ermahgerd!!!!! must be a folt with fisix, I wanna refund!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
This news has really annoyed me.

Although it does explain why my car didn't look right after i crashed it into a tree.

BG 182
My newsfeed on Facebook is full of it. Funnily enough from people who don't them!!

My 6+ just came from Vodafone after being promised 19th delivery!

It's great, but I have 1 problem which I've not researched. I'm in standard view mode but when trying to upload a pic in Facebook it does this. Is this just a Facebook problem? Anyone else got this?

5eqaha4a.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Seen a lot of stuff on twitter as people are putting the 6+ in there pockets and sitting down and bending them.

133/225/CLS AMG
Well I just got my 6 (not plus) today so looking forward to firing it up when I get home. :)

As for bending iPhone 6 Plus' well in one breath you have to wonder that if you buy a 6-7" long phone, that's only 7mm thick, unless it's made of seriously strong stuff, it's going to bend if you're not careful. If you buy a 'phablet' it's not really meant to be pocket sized, it's meant to be a small-ish tablet you can make phone calls on. So I can see the argument for muppets stuffing them in their hipster skin tights and bending them.

At the same time, people are paying £700 for a phone. That is a sh!t load of money for a phone. I suppose people are looking at the price and thinking it's going to be built tough. Clearly it's not but then again I've never thought iPhones were bullet proof, always needed a cover unless you're going to be extremely careful with it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Right, im mega pissed. Just called apple about this issue

You'd think a simple thing like that would have been sorted pre launch.

Last edited by a moderator:

is this true???

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Why does anyone have a problem with this being highlighted?

Have Apple products bent before?

Do other brands have a history of bending? I'm not aware but then I don't follow the market day by day so there may well be loads out there that do?

Seems to me that Apple's pursuit of the perfect form factor led them to a model design that was just a little too "wafer-thin"; the criticism seems wholly justified to me.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Why does anyone have a problem with this being highlighted?

Have Apple products bent before?

Do other brands have a history of bending? I'm not aware but then I don't follow the market day by day so there may well be loads out there that do?

Seems to me that Apple's pursuit of the perfect form factor led them to a model design that was just a little too "wafer-thin"; the criticism seems wholly justified to me.

My 5 bent after a few drops so it's nothing new.

as I said, is it any surprise that <1mm thick aluminium is being bent on a weak point...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My 5 bent after a few drops so it's nothing new.

as I said, is it any surprise that <1mm thick aluminium is being bent on a weak point...

No, put like that of course it's not really a surprise.

What is surprising is that Apple would allow something that has to withstand the rigours of daily life and usage, their premium product, to hit the market when clearly it's not up to the task if it deforms so easily.

Should it be made less than 7mm thick and out of aluminium that is <1mm thick when their primary USP is/was the build quality of their products?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
And it doesn't hold up too well against a 50 cal:

Boo.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Seat Leon Cupra 290
My 6+ got delivered today, love it but not exactly music to my ears these stories coming out today. I never put my phone in my back pocket though.