ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The 3gs was a nice shape I thought. Felt great in the hand. Screen now looks like a Spectrum load screen.

Can't believe how solid and weighty the 4 feels after using a 5 daily. Black looks immense... in a finger proof case. White for the real world.

3GS was a nicer shape but it was a scratch magnet. Piano black plastic does not look very good fro very long. Gonna fire it up when the original is fully charged.

ST
Not bothered about the next one really. I don't have to have the latest and greatest. If it's awesome and worth upgrading to, then I'll perhaps dip my toe in a few months after release, when the inevitable small quality concerns have been overcome.

Oh and white is maximum player in a brown leather Sena sleeve.

I rock a black 32gb 5 in a black Sena
a4ude5ug.jpg

Last edited:
For the crack, I just fired up my original 2007 iPhone. How times have changed. The screen is awful, and the frame rate is sluggish.

It started out as a jailbroken 1.0.0. Now it's running 3.0 and still has Cydia and Boss Prefs installed. Old school!

Lol @ Cydia. Ahh, the memories.

Listerine & Poledo
Wow!

Out of actual nowhere, my 5 just decided to work with the headunit! Not just iTunes, but iPlayer & Tunein too!

Next, can it do Sky streaming? Probably not, I think it said on the blurb on the adaptor that it doesn't support video-out, but it's worth a try :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Next, can it do Sky streaming? Probably not, I think it said on the blurb on the adaptor that it doesn't support video-out, but it's worth a try :)

No.

ST
Why would I drop it? I've never dropped a phone in my life. Opposable thumbs are pretty awesome.

Indeed tho some people are careless, it also comes down to how you use your phone, some have them in their hand/on their person 24/7, in bed, the bathroom, in the gym etc so things like this, can happen:
qeqepy3u.jpg

O

Oakley12

Indeed tho some people are careless, it also comes down to how you use your phone, some have them in their hand/on their person 24/7, in bed, the bathroom, in the gym etc so things like this, can happen:
qeqepy3u.jpg

Whoops. I dropped my iPhone 4 from chest height once and it didn't crack the screen, then one day in the summer i was sat on my sted outside my house having a cig and the b*stard fell out of my pocket and the above happened :(.
Pi now have a 5 after saying that I wouldn't go back with apple but by god I love it! Haven't the 5 got the new gorilla glass or similar?

Evo 5 RS
When I first get my new handsets I'm always super careful, but as time goes on I always use them and end up leaving it in the bed or on the edge of the bath. Not that I've ever broken an iPhone. They're pretty robust.

ST
Whoops. I dropped my iPhone 4 from chest height once and it didn't crack the screen, then one day in the summer i was sat on my sted outside my house having a cig and the b*stard fell out of my pocket and the above happened :(.
Pi now have a 5 after saying that I wouldn't go back with apple but by god I love it! Haven't the 5 got the new gorilla glass or similar?

That one in the pic isn't mine, but a few of my mates are pretty careless and end up in similar situations.

Not sure if the 5 has the Gorilla glass, for all the difference it mate on the 4/4s, they still smashed lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Touch wood, i've always just ran naked with front and back protectors. Phone feels so awesome to use so I understand the slip case idea.

Blackberry bold was nice idea with the case coming with the phone. Was a cracking little case aswell.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
All bb's came with leather pouches FYI.

turned them into sleep mode when the phones were inserted

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Naked here, oo err. Unfortunately dropped it a few times, once all the way down the stairs. Barely a mark on it. Awesome phone.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've been putting off buying a 5 for ages but I think the purchase of one is looming. My current 4 has developed battery problems yet again with a full charge lasting 3 hours tops.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
My only annoyance is that some apps haven't been transitioned, so there is a black bar at the top and bottom.

Listerine & Poledo
Yellowing, rubberised sides, transparent back, yellowing front film. Take all that off and it's box-fresh. Which Ill do when the 1st 12 months are done

A few photos tonight have done this on my 5. Strange the photo is actually capturing the lines.

Any ideas? Latest iOS.

y9ujyqan.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
You can always wait for the next phone, but it only matters if you absolutely must have the latest handset.

On the other hand, if you're going to buy the phone on contract, you're going to be paying for it for 2 years, may as well get the latest as it'll be less out-of-date when the 2nd year comes around