ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
My iPhone 5 speaker suddenly went pop the other day. Took it into apple and they fixed it! Gutted, thought I'd get a new un lol. Teach me to get the first appointment when they've got 30 mins to piss about.

Also pretty poor repair tbh, screen not fully flush, screws protruding etc. Not the sort of service I expected tbh

If there are screws still poking back out or the screen not sitting flush, bring it back in and we will sort it. I wouldn't give a handset back unless it was in the exact same state as when it was given to me.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
My iPhone 5 speaker suddenly went pop the other day. Took it into apple and they fixed it! Gutted, thought I'd get a new un lol. Teach me to get the first appointment when they've got 30 mins to piss about.

Also pretty poor repair tbh, screen not fully flush, screws protruding etc. Not the sort of service I expected tbh

Cant understand why you took it back tbh?!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Something new arrived today, excuse the dust. Needs a wipe.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter?fnode=48

+

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-11738-ruark-lightning-adaptor-support.aspx

=
iqh1n5.jpg

Its a universal dock plate too so anything with the oval hole is supported. Pretty pleased with it, might spray it black.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Looks alright that does.

My power button has finally died. Still clicks but doesn't do anything. Good times.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Just read they are releasing a cheap plastic IPhone 5 ( 2-300£)and the 5s in summer. Apparently the proper IPhone is too expensive for the Chinese hence the plastic one.

ST
If there are screws still poking back out or the screen not sitting flush, bring it back in and we will sort it. I wouldn't give a handset back unless it was in the exact same state as when it was given to me.

I was in the Apple store @ Braehaed just outside Glasgow, booked in my misses' 64gb 5, battery issues and it had the screen flicker, the 'genius' tested the phone, the screen was playing up when he tested it, yet he resorted the handset to factory settings, said go away and try it again, any further issues, bring it back in, ehh ok mate, so away we went, the phone was doing the same thing within an hr of leaving the store.
I called apple care, the lass on the phone took the details, then emailed it to myself with a reference etc which I took to the store and spoke with the 'manager' (bit of a jobs worth) with bad breath tbh, he challenged what the apple care advisor had said and was questioning replacing the phone, so after a further 10 mins of explaining the issues with the handset he finally decided to give us a replacement.

Needless to say I won't be back at Apple in Breahead, the store in Edinburgh and Glasgow city centre are far more customer focused. For example my MacBook Pro is now over two years old, I was in the Glasgow store with issues with the charging port - MagSafe not responding when connected, they gave me a new adaptor off the shelf, no question.

^Take it into store mate, mine got replaced at Braehead couple of weeks back for the exact same thing, although mine had pretty much given up when I took it in.

Aye, but 99% are curly haired f***s who are too busy standing about discussing their interpretive dance coursework.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Once in a while my screen brightness is dim and takes ages to come back on. I wonder if they will replace it.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Aye i'll maybe phone ahead then.

Suprising that you need to wait and their stores have 1,475 staff each..

1,475 staff but 4,000000000000 customers...

Aye, but 99% are curly haired f***s who are too busy standing about discussing their interpretive dance coursework.

The other 1% are normal guys who own Clio's just like you... And me.

Don't tar us with the same brush, fella.

Bus w**ker
It's entirely possible they'll release a cheap one in China but not anywhere else, though.

I'm not saying its impossible, just that I'm skeptical. For a premium brand to release a cheaper model, even for a specific region, it could over saturate the market and then lower the value of their premium model. They've not had to do it with the Mac range and the iPhone isn't really struggling for market share as it is, even without big takeup in China.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I meant globally. Its possible to produce a lower cost product that isn't s**t.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I meant globally. Its possible to produce a lower cost product that isn't s**t.

Depends on the market. If some Hindu on a rickshaw has a plastic iPhone and his mate at the Mudhut has a Motorola Startac who gets jealous then Apple have started a new customer base. Clothing manufacturers do it all the time. Giorgio Armani, Emporio Armani, Armani x etc etc.

People fell in love with Apple as they upset the Status Quo of the mobile phone and Pc industry. People who bought their products always felt they were a step up from the average joe. Remember seeing Someone with an Apple laptop and the logo, it had some kudos about it.

If they start building tat then they risk losing identity and probably lose followers.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Indeed I did not. I think I have an attention disorder.

Last edited:
Would it be foolish to buy an iPhone 5 now? The home button on my vagrant-spec 4 has started breaking my balls. Sometimes it doesn't respond, and sometimes it interprets a single press as a double. It's not too bad just now but it's getting worse.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Would it be foolish to buy an iPhone 5 now? The home button on my vagrant-spec 4 has started breaking my balls. Sometimes it doesn't respond, and sometimes it interprets a single press as a double. It's not too bad just now but it's getting worse.

IMHO, yes.