ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  Bus w**ker
Re: iPhone Event - 4/10/2011 - Read post #1 before asking questions

Some people really need to get out more, if that's the first thing they think about doing lol.

Golf GTD Mk7

Not a big enough of a change for me. the quoted speeds for stuff won't be that noticable really. It cracks me up the amount of iPhone 4's up for sale now just to get the new handset.

I watched Apples stock last night, expecting it to shoot up, but I think the majority of people were disappointed with the outcome, so the movement was pathetic. If anything it seems they have lost their edge over the competition, and it's now going to be a level playing field. I think the fact that the CEO stepped down speaks volumes.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I think the fact that the CEO stepped down speaks volumes.

About what? Steve Jobs is seriously ill, his stepping down has nothing to do with what the iPhone 4S is or isn't.

I'm really not sure what people expected, I don't know what they could have added to it to make people go "wow", I can't really think of anything hardware wise that they really could have added that wouldn't have been added "fluff", maybe a larger screen, but then I don't have a problem with the screen size on the iPhone 4. Maybe people have fatter fingers or smaller eyes than me.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Not a big enough of a change for me. the quoted speeds for stuff won't be that noticable really. It cracks me up the amount of iPhone 4's up for sale now just to get the new handset.

Its a huge change! So they haven't changed the LOOK of the exterior but i bet there are about 5 shared parts.
HTC have been doing the opposite for years and nobody felt short changed?

An iOS Device is far more than the sum of its parts, its about how it all works together. iOS 5 while evolutionary rather than revolutionary builds on the success of its predecessor, Apple are one of the few left that consider hardware and software as one package. Android devices tend to be a far more "kitchen sink" approach to try and tempt people in with gimmicky crap they never need.

I watched Apples stock last night, expecting it to shoot up, but I think the majority of people were disappointed with the outcome, so the movement was pathetic. If anything it seems they have lost their edge over the competition, and it's now going to be a level playing field. I think the fact that the CEO stepped down speaks volumes.

As has been said this comment shows your lack of knowledge.

Last edited:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Has this been 27 pages about the 4S?

Nothing revolutionary about the "new" phone then? I bet htc et al are happy enough for the timebeing

Since I'm not going back and reading all the pages of drivel, how many of you will still buy the 4S when you were expecting the 5?

BG 182 (full fat)

No one, what a fuckin disapointment

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

im trying to work out the cheapest way to get myself into an iphone that works as mine is broked, insurance, upgrade or just pay

Pmsl at some of the anti-Apple knob jockeys. Hundred megaton irony bomb at their ramblings. Apple lovers are the sad acts, based on the views of extreme geeks who judge their phone by how much RAMS it's gots. Wake up, f**king oxygen thieves.

People arguing about phones on the Internet need to die.

Pmsl at some of the anti-Apple knob jockeys. Hundred megaton irony bomb at their ramblings. Apple lovers are the sad acts, based on the views of extreme geeks who judge their phone by how much RAMS it's gots. Wake up, f**king oxygen thieves.

People arguing about phones on the Internet need to die.

People moaning about other people's hobbies over the internet need to die.

Honda. Tesla Someday

Well, I watched the live blog feed etc as the keynote was going on, then went on to watch the actual video of the keynote last night on Apples site.

I was also the first person in the Westfields Apple store to buy an iphone 4 after queuing. Was too excited and dropped £600 for it!

Watching the keynote in anticipation for an iPhone 5 announcement, I was initially disappointed that it was simply a 4S.

How wrong was I!? To be honest, I love the iPhone 4 design. Its amazing. The 4S does bring a lot to the table. The camera upgrade alone is worth the upgrade, not to mention the A5 processor, smart antennas and Siri!

After watching the Siri video, and the keynote section about Siri, I am seriously impressed. Oh, and they still managed to improve the battery life again!

People saying "OMG APPLE F41L3D!!! LAWLZ" need to get a grip. Its a f*cking phone ffs! Saying that though, there is a *reason* why it is the biggest ever selling smartphone, and has the best customer satisfaction ever compared to all of the competition. The reason why I get excited about these releases is because I use my iPhone a Lot! Like many people I know, it somehow becomes part of your everyday life. There is nothing out there that can do what an iPhone does, as well as an iPhone does it. Same goes for the iPad.

Anywho, thats my 2 cents. I may bite the bullet and purchase the 4S, or I might wait a little. Simply put though, it is a fantastic achievement and Siri seriously looks set to revolutionise everything all over again.

p.s: the comment about Steve Jobs stepping down etc, Jonny1*2 you are an uneductaed moron!

DB.

BMW 440i

Ive 'registered my interest' with Orange.

Looking at moving to them rather than 02 now. Orange have better 3G coverage these days, and there is nothing special about 02 I take advantage of. The GF is also on orange, so could have her as a 'magic number'.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Orange are s**t. Avoid.

Honda. Tesla Someday

Looking at moving to them rather than 02 now. Orange have better 3G coverage these days, and there is nothing special about 02 I take advantage of. The GF is also on orange, so could have her as a 'magic number'.

I would avoid Orange. Brother in law has an iPhone with Orange, its a f8cking joke compared to the coverage I get with o2!

Audi A4 1.8T Sport

Has this been 27 pages about the 4S?

Nothing revolutionary about the "new" phone then? I bet htc et al are happy enough for the timebeing

Since I'm not going back and reading all the pages of drivel, how many of you will still buy the 4S when you were expecting the 5?

why was anyone expecting it? all the "evidence" (minus some cases made in China) pointed to a 4S, and it follows the models they have done previously.

i will be waiting to see how iOS5 runs on the 4, and if i can do some overtime, before deciding :D

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

So i guess its safe to assume the iPhone 5 will be a complete redesign.

Regardless I'm getting the 4S because i simple can't use the 3GS anymore.

It will be a massive step for me so I'm still looking forward to it. Fingers crossed i can actually get one on launch day from Vodafone.

I don't see anything wrong with the 4S.

It will sell by the truck load.

I can't understand why people assume that each new iPhone should be the most ground-breaking thing since sliced bread.

The only reason I'll buy one (IMO), is for the better camera. 8mp and 1080p will be nice. In reality, I should stick with the 4, as I can't see me using Siri at all.

This sums it up for my feelings last night;

Aa8OpsWCAAAA-Zy.jpg

Attachments

• Aa8OpsWCAAAA-Zy.jpg
    Aa8OpsWCAAAA-Zy.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 35
  Rav4

Orange is ok, not the best though, specially since linking with T Mobile, as many people are getting issues with dropped calls and or failure of signal, my GF uses them and found o2 a lot better.

Another thing which is handy about the o2 network, is Visual voicemail, if you get lots of voicemails and can't be arsed to troll through every voicemail, then it's a great tool.

DB.

BMW 440i

Visual voicemail? Is this what I have on my 3G/had on my 3GS?

What's different about Orange?

My contract is up/was up in July. I need a phone and the OH can have my 4.

If my contract wasn't up, I highly doubt I would be upgrading early.

Quite disappointed, but I get excited when I get something new like a gadget, so I'll live.

Golf GTD Mk7

As has been said this comment shows your lack of knowledge.

I hear what you're saying Tom, but the majority of people won't see it like that. People are superficial and want to see a physical change because it's been ages since the 4 was released. It's like computers, processor speeds improve, wow you initially, then after a while you get used to it. For me, if I had an iPhone 4 (still on my 3Gs and don't see the point in changing yet as i'm not a fan of the 4 design) and sold it for the new one, who will notice that it's different. Waste of money IMO. If people are due for an upgrade then fare enough, but the change from 3gs to 4 was more significant for me.

I've read that the GM of 5 can be installed (obviously with iTunes beta) on any device even though the UDID isn't registered on a dev account? Anyone tried it yet? I can't as I'm at work :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

As with all GM's this is the case.

You still cant post links to downloads or sites that have said links.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is GM and why would you? I presume it is something illegal due to the ominous sense of Tom's ban hammer...!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

GM or Gold Master is the "final" release of iOS 5. Its still protected by the developer NDA. So while it will work on every device that supports iOS 5, its still in a pre release stage.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4

I am so glad I didn't hold out for a '5' a few onths ago, and just went ahead and got a 4.

Cheers guys. Something to look forward to when I get home :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

Just spoke to someone at the car phone warehouse enquiring about the price of the 4, best deal etc and new prices are coming out tomo.

Honda. Tesla Someday

I hear what you're saying Tom, but the majority of people won't see it like that. People are superficial and want to see a physical change because it's been ages since the 4 was released. It's like computers, processor speeds improve, wow you initially, then after a while you get used to it. For me, if I had an iPhone 4 (still on my 3Gs and don't see the point in changing yet as i'm not a fan of the 4 design) and sold it for the new one, who will notice that it's different. Waste of money IMO. If people are due for an upgrade then fare enough, but the change from 3gs to 4 was more significant for me.

Who cares who "notices" if its different! If you're all about image then go but a versace motorola!

The iPhone 4 design is beautiful (IMO ofcourse). The iPhone 4S looks the same as the 4, but the inside is completely updated! Like the 3G and 3GS, same look, different hardware!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4

I would like the get one but I'm poor right now so sticking with the 4 for a little longer. However if I find any spare money you'd know where I'd be.

BMW F31

I'm still confused about whether I'll be able to upgrade my contract over the phone with apple Friday morning, got one month to pay for via the fast track upgrade that O2 offer. O2 said I can't, but I'm pretty sure they're scripted and haven't got a f**king clue. I'm inclined to ring up based on Alexiooo's info tbh?

DB.

BMW 440i

Im hoping to start a contract on Friday! Hope they will be able to process that in the the high demand and don't just want handset only orders!

Im hoping to start a contract on Friday! Hope they will be able to process that in the the high demand and don't just want handset only orders!

It's people like you that hold up the line ;)

It's going to sell by the boatload. Anyone who thinks differently is retarded. Not as retarded as that Jonny guy, but close. People moaned about the 3G > 3GS switch but it still sold better. Same with the iPad > iPad2.

Apple aren't making a new device for people to upgrade to, they're making a device for new customers to buy. If people upgrade then that's fantastic for them.

The other side of the coin is that all these people saying how Apple have failed would be crying like little girls if Apple released a completely different version each year and made their phone out of date..

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I won't be upgrading, my contract runs till next summer and I'll wait beyond that if the 5 isn't out ( I don't think it will be here until atleast this time next year )