ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1998 BMW e46 323i
Re: iPhone 4G (No longer rumours)

Am I the only one who isn't really fussed about the next iPhone?

I was expecting to be and was holding off to buy the next iPhone, but having bought a 3GS (so the mrs could have my old 3G) I'm more than happy.

I've had phones with front facing cameras, and never once used video calling, nor do I know anyone who has. Unless the new iPhone has a Xenon flash (which it won't), again I'm not fussed.

The 3G(S) is a beautiful piece of industrial design, processor is easily fast enough, yeah a greater screen would be nice, but meh... I'm a casual gamer, and don't really watch much stuff on it.

I'm more excited by the new 4.0 OS TBH.

I want the new iPhone, but I'm still tied into my contract, so can only wait.

I won't be paying to end early, or go PAYG, I'll just wait.

Although, come 6-8pm I may have the 3GS up for sale ;)

1.8 Civic EX

I'm still using my 3G, had it since Feb last year. Didn't bother getting a 3GS as it didn't seem like enough of a change to warrent it. I also feeling the same about this....in essence it's going to be the exact same phone, just looks different and has a camera on the front. Doesn't stop me wanting to get one, but is it really worth spending potentially £400+? I'm thinking not, especially as 4OS will be a free update.

AK

M240i
You won't get full use of OS 4.0 features as the 3G processed can't handle things like multi tasking.

1.8 Civic EX

You won't get full use of OS 4.0 features as the 3G processed can't handle things like multi tasking.

true but you can't miss what you've never had ;) and tbh I can't think of a single point in owning my phone when I've wanted to run more than one thing at once anyway.

AK

M240i
Very true.. I've used it a handful of times... Wouldn't miss it if I couldn't use it tho..

The people saying it will be a 'little bit faster' as people I'm assuming that haven't used an iPad for more than 2mins.

The A4 processor is ace and it's going to really improve the iPhone.

Ford Bantam 1.6

never had a iphone but my contract on my phone ends in september so i will buy it then.
what is everyone on pay as you go or contract and what kind of contract?

SLK 350

Which stinks of Apple forcing people into upgrading, clever, but ridiculous. We all know the 3G can handle multi-tasking, Backgrounder works perfectly well.

With a little patience I'm sure 'the scene' will create a hacked IPSW or tool for masking the identity of the 3G to look like a 3GS - shouldn't be difficult to create some middleware for that purpose.

Apple do humour me, if they spent less time working out ways to screw some of the community over, then hacking wouldn't be an issue for them, nor would they need to spend a hideous amount of time working out how to stop the hackers helping people to use their device freely. Funny world.

Status
Not open for further replies.