ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Same here despite the fact I think it is a waste of time. I'm slowly realising how much I'd probably use the iPad for net browsing at home rather than using my computer.

I'm going to pre-order, if only to sell at a profit.

If that's not possible, well then I'll just have to keep it! :p

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Meh ill wait for the Google Chrome one i think. It supposed to be quite cool and it has flash etc

When is the pre order?

Its released over here end of April is it not?

If half the rumors for the new iphone are true then isnt the ipad going to be dated when the new iphone comes out?

SLK 350
The iPad is like the Air though, outdated on launch, but unique at the same time. Personally I wish they'd of have scrapped it and released a nice netbook [maybe with touchscreen].

I won't be getting one, iPhone is perfect for what it does.

When is the pre order?

Its released over here end of April is it not?

If half the rumors for the new iphone are true then isnt the ipad going to be dated when the new iphone comes out?

Not really. The iPad will already be optimised for 4.0. The custom chip they created for the iPad will be in the iPhone. The iPhone will have the same case as the iPad.

So if anything, it makes the iPhone out of date, not the other way around.

dk

911 GTS Cab
EA has revealed prices for its forthcoming gaming apps for the iPad.
According to MCV, the publisher will charge US customers $14.99 for the likes of Mirror's Edge and Command & Conquer: Red Alert.
It is thought that this could translate to somewhere between £9.99 and £11.99 on the UK's App Store.
Both games will be available this weekend to coincide with the platform's US launch.
EA is also releasing Scrabble, Tetris and The Need For Speed Shift as iPad launch titles.

nice hike in prices, looks like the 59p apps of the iphone will be rare on the ipad, with the increase in screen size will be an increase in cost.

Anyone know if this will support iPhoto or even better a different photo editing software?

Im sure the photoshop app will work on it but its very limited.

Does this work as a ipod and sync with your computers iTunes? Or can it run its own iTunes on its own?

Would an AppleTV run off its iTunes or would you still need to run a computer with iTunes?

Im staring to think i dont want one at all as its not going to be able to do any of the above.

Its really not worth getting then. For me anyway.

Ill only be able to play whats on the iPad, and it wont hold too much. If i could stream all my films/music from extermal hard drives (as i do on my mac) on to it it would be ideal.

All i see it being used for is to browse the internet, without loading up a mac and on a bigger screen than an ipod touch or iphone.

Could have been a decent bit of kit, instead its starting to sound like a big ipod touch.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Tonys said:
Its really not worth getting then. For me anyway.

Ill only be able to play whats on the iPad, and it wont hold too much. If i could stream all my films/music from extermal hard drives (as i do on my mac) on to it it would be ideal.

All i see it being used for is to browse the internet, without loading up a mac and on a bigger screen than an ipod touch or iphone.

Could have been a decent bit of kit, instead its starting to sound like a big ipod touch.

You can stream video, just not in the iPod application. Streamtome is a third party app which will stream movies from your server, they have an iPhone and ipad version.

dk

911 GTS Cab
But that's exactly what it is, a giant iPod touch.

That's the Market they are going after, people who sig in front of the tv doing email and browsing the web while watching tv.

Touch and phone are a bit too small for extended periods so the screen size of the pad is perfect,and people don't have to learn a new interface and will already have loads of apps.

Sounds perfect to me. It's not meant to replace a laptop, it's there to fill the gap between the laptop and the phone.

SLK 350
Question is, does that gap exist for the majority of people? Oh more over, since Netbooks were introduced that market has already shrunk considerably.

The only people I can see buying this are, people who don't own an iPhone/smartphone, or those who have either more money than sense and want to be fashionable. Oh and fanboys.

Unless they remove it's stupid limitations (which they won't), then IMO it serves absolutely zero purpose, no matter how stylish it is.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I love the idea, but i would need i player etc to work on it! I hate netbooks etc there too slow. The ipad is perfect for browsing

There is a guy on Pistonheads who has just bought one and put up a few initial reviews. He seems pretty chuffed with it.

Only thing that would piss me off with it, is having to prop it up (to sit like a laptop) or constantly hold it, which would get annoying for typing emails.

SLK 350
Typing with one hand is farking ghey, the reason I love the iPhone's keyboard is being able to type easily with both thumbs, on this that's impossible, meaning I'd type on my phone quicker, making it also fail.

I understand pre-order and sales seem to be healthy, I just can't get my head around why [from a technology/practicality pov], I mean, it does a lot less than the Netbook I'm typing on, it costs twice as much, and it still can't multi-task which is an absolutely epic omission given it's purpose, no HDMI, no Apple TV, did I mention no multi-task?

I CBA to type a list, but there's so many reasons this should have been better.

http://gizmodo.com/5458382/8-things-that-suck-about-the-ipad

Why would you have to type with one hand? I have a lap that is formed by my legs when I sit down.

I personally would use one quite a lot. I am tempted to get one TBH but I have bigger things to worry about at the moment.

Why would you have to type with one hand? I have a lap that is formed by my legs when I sit down.

I personally would use one quite a lot. I am tempted to get one TBH but I have bigger things to worry about at the moment.

It'd be at a funny angle though, you'd be crouched over it.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
There is a guy on Pistonheads who has just bought one and put up a few initial reviews. He seems pretty chuffed with it.

Only thing that would piss me off with it, is having to prop it up (to sit like a laptop) or constantly hold it, which would get annoying for typing emails.

Oh yeah .. lol, never thought about that, I would need to get a huge screen protector. Other problem is eating + browsing FTL, greasy screens

Oh yeah .. lol, never thought about that, I would need to get a huge screen protector. Other problem is eating + browsing FTL, greasy screens

Good thing about the iPhone is being able to hold it with two hands and type with them both. I doubt this would work on the iPad with the size of it, and holding it with one hand, and typing with the other would get tiresome