ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You said you've been playing scrabble. Is that the Words with Friends app? Lol.

it might be! lol.........Fcuk knows, stop asking me all these complicated questions! I'm considering whether to go for a piss or not at the minute, that's taxing enough.

Well what are the possible other updates really - Screen size? camera on rear/front for facetime? Niether of them interest me or her to be honest, so unless I have missed anything major that may be changed then I will suprise her on the day :)

A second stereo audio output would be superb, the success of djay (even at £12) suggests there are a huge number of people who would probably not think twice about upgrading if they included that feature. It would completely transform audio/music apps.

dk

911 GTS Cab
iPad is excellent for business, use it all the time for work, spreadsheets, word docs, presentations, use citrix from home (very good app) and also the wyse app to connect to vmware view for one of my clients.

As a business tool it really doesn't need anything extra, the ram is never an issue, only have an issue when browsing loads of pics facebook, hardly an issue for someone using it for business.

Seems to have come out today that Foxconn have been given a 100 day window to ship the second-gen iPad, so the rumoured Spring release seems likely.

Still tempted to pick one up in a few weeks though, 4 months wait or 4 months of iPad goodness..?!

2.2 bar shed.
Seems to have come out today that Foxconn have been given a 100 day window to ship the second-gen iPad, so the rumoured Spring release seems likely.

Still tempted to pick one up in a few weeks though, 4 months wait or 4 months of iPad goodness..?!

4 Month wait. I had one for two weeks and really didnt rate it :(

BMW
quick question regarding the iPad.

I have a macbook and an iPhone.

Can i connect the iPad to the same macbook that my iPhone is connected to and have my music library on both?
I ask this because they never used to let you connect two iPods to the same machine and have the same music on both.
Thanks

ex 182, now Evo IV
yeah its changed now ive got a macbook pro which ive got synced my ipad and iphone, you can choose what you want to sync to what device etc..

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The way I do it is have a Library for each device. It keeps everything separate then, but you can share music and apps by dragging and dropping from their root folder.

iPad is excellent for business, use it all the time for work, spreadsheets, word docs, presentations, use citrix from home (very good app) and also the wyse app to connect to vmware view for one of my clients.

As a business tool it really doesn't need anything extra, the ram is never an issue, only have an issue when browsing loads of pics facebook, hardly an issue for someone using it for business.
What did you use on it for word docs, spreadsheets etc?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The pages app is excellent for word processing. That's the only one I have though.

Never really looked twice at one of these before, but had a play with one in an Apple store and quite fancy one!

I don't 'need' one, so would only get the wi fi one. I have no need for 3g, as I have BTFON, and would use it at home most of the time anyway. Or is it a case of 'even though its £100 extra, its a must have basically'?

I would get the cheapest, the 16GB. Surely that would be enough? I would only use it as a surfing device for at home crashed on the sofa?

I have never followed Apple products, so don't really know alot about them. I still have a sealed iPod that I just don't need to use as I hardly walk anywhere.

Am I wasting £400 odd to buy one for what I would use it for? Would it be any good for just surfing the net and whoring at apps to impress paupers?

I have a PC and Laptop, and was hoping this would replace those (other than updates) or do I really need a Mac to get the benefit?

Someone 'sell' it to me!!

Audi S1
Never really looked twice at one of these before, but had a play with one in an Apple store and quite fancy one!

I don't 'need' one, so would only get the wi fi one. I have no need for 3g, as I have BTFON, and would use it at home most of the time anyway. Or is it a case of 'even though its £100 extra, its a must have basically'?

I would get the cheapest, the 16GB. Surely that would be enough? I would only use it as a surfing device for at home crashed on the sofa?

I have never followed Apple products, so don't really know alot about them. I still have a sealed iPod that I just don't need to use as I hardly walk anywhere.

Am I wasting £400 odd to buy one for what I would use it for? Would it be any good for just surfing the net and whoring at apps to impress paupers?

I have a PC and Laptop, and was hoping this would replace those (other than updates) or do I really need a Mac to get the benefit?

Someone 'sell' it to me!!

Not many people do need one. But it doesn't stop some buying :)

Probably the best device 2 browse the web on. It won't replace both your pc and laptop. It will replace the laptop though if it's just for browsing.

You don't 'need' a mac but f**k it get one of those 2 ;-) mbp ftw

clio 197
i never needed one but told myself it would be good for work and i could claim it on work expense!

i did this also with my 27" mac
iphone
and soon to come MBP lol ;-(

its a horrible thing.
:(

M135i
I bought a 16gb wifi only on Monday. It's awesome. Download need for speed hot pursuit, it's a cracking game!

I already have a MBP but the ipad is a great pick up and use device.

I bought one for my Mum for xmas, she loves it! It replaces my old PC she used to use. She's always browsing shops and recipes on it, good bit of kit tbh.

I got one off my girlfriend for Christmas!

I havn't been off it since that fateful day. I paid for Broken Sword and have been addicted to it since. 6 hours of gameplay and im 90% through... then there is Broken Sword 2 lol.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
my phone is up for renewal in April HTC Hero with T-Mobile to which they do iPad, after seeing Apple's videos on the thing i have to say it looks impressive. it's one of the things i hardly took notice on less than the i phone.

The thing is will the iPad be cheaper when the new version comes out i may haggle with T as i've been with them prob 8+ years try and get a deal either the old or newer version.

Also what's better for me buying a one from Apple them self or buying one from T when my contract runs out in Apr?

A red missile
my phone is up for renewal in April HTC Hero with T-Mobile to which they do iPad, after seeing Apple's videos on the thing i have to say it looks impressive. it's one of the things i hardly took notice on less than the i phone.

The thing is will the iPad be cheaper when the new version comes out i may haggle with T as i've been with them prob 8+ years try and get a deal either the old or newer version.

Also what's better for me buying a one from Apple them self or buying one from T when my contract runs out in Apr?

Oh it's better than impressive, had mine for a couple of weeks now and it's spectacularly good.

Where to get one depends on how you want to feed it data, I looked at 3 and Orange, the basic 16Gb iPad from them is £199 upfront and 25 quid a month (on a 2 year contract) which gets you 5Gb/month on Orange and 15Gb/month with 3 mobile, thats fine but that data plan is tied to your iPad, so I just bought one from Apple and got a 3 mifi, £17 a month for 15Gb - but I can use that with my laptop and phone as well so it's win all round.

It's no secret that I'm not really what you'd call an Apple fanboy but my god the iPad is slick, before I bought I looked at the Dell Streak and the Samsung Galaxy Tab and neither comes near it, the Tab is the better of the other two and the streak was just shat but the iPad is light years ahead.

182 Turbo Project
Does anyone use their iPad for word processing? I would like to get one and be able to do a bit of that on it, I know you can get the programmes for it but I am interested in hearing peoples experiences using it in that manner!

Cheers,

Slow red one
Really want one but shall await what the new one has to offer 1st, my guess is front and back camera for facetime and HD video with and improved display? Don't know what else they could do tbh just wish I wasn't so impatient!

I went and had a play with the iPad rivals the other day when the misses was looking around the sales.. None of them are even close to being as good as the iPad IMO. All seemed quite jerky, and just not as smooth.

A silver one
I went and had a play with the iPad rivals the other day when the misses was looking around the sales.. None of them are even close to being as good as the iPad IMO. All seemed quite jerky, and just not as smooth.

Sounds like my iPhone 4 recently! :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Agreed. Same with everything Apple make though, TBH.

+1 I saw some in Comet the other day, just shows how nice the iPad is.

They are worth every penny.

I just wish I could justify a MBP now! :approve: Although since my laptop is now just a dust collector, I'd imagine the MBP would be the same, or I'd like it so much I wouldnt use the iPad!

I just wish I could justify a MBP now! :approve: Although since my laptop is now just a dust collector, I'd imagine the MBP would be the same, or I'd like it so much I wouldnt use the iPad!

I use both all the time. Go a little cold on one or the other from time to time, always comes back in favour tho.

The question you should ask yourself is 'do i get a 27" iMac instead of a MPB???'

LY 182
This year I will have a 27" iMac at some point. I will keep my MBP and also get the new iPad when it comes out.

I've already sent an email to Steve Jobs telling him to get the lube ready.

iPad would make a nice sidekick for your iMac. It's superb for just checking emails, videos and surfing. Not sure i'd want to do big amounts of typing though

I'll probably get flamed, but I prefer the 21" iMac. Just seems a better size for a computer.

It's not. 27" is the best thing ever. It seems huge to start with but after you're used to it.

21.5" is what poor people get. You're not poor, Justin :dapprove:

182 Turbo Project
I would really like to use when teaching, I can have all my notes, lesson plans etc on the iPad. Musical examples etc, would I be able to hook the iPad upto a projector?