ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad.

14' Leon Cupra 280
I've had my iPad around a month or so, I never thought I'd ever get one, as it didn't fit my needs. However, I found myself nearly buying an 11" MacBook Air and thought for what I need, the iPad just does the same job!
I work on a 27" iMac all day, but come 6/7pm it's over to the iPad, take it to G/F's house, m8s, take it to meetings with clients, it's brilliant! One App allows me to view all my websites offline, so the 3g/wi-fi isn't a problem either.

My dad also got his on last week, he's never off it!

Citroen DS3 White
WiFi for me. I have an iPhone for when I'm out and about hence didnt think I needed 3g iPad as well. I guess you have to decide where you're going to use it. Mine is at home, work or mates houses or for watching movies/playing games on planes so I'm happy. If I needed 3g I'd go down the mifi route.

182 Turbo Project
I'm going to be using it in School, they have really funny internet restrictions though. For example sometimes we look at performances on youtube, but I can't do that without speaking to IT, so I suppose it would be no different. Maybe wifi is the way to go!

It's not. 27" is the best thing ever. It seems huge to start with but after you're used to it.

21.5" is what poor people get. You're not poor, Justin :dapprove:

Ha! I knew either you or Christopher would say something. Maybe an iMac would be better, but I quite like siting surfing when on the couch.. I really wouldn't have the use for one

Cupra
Careful with the VGA adaptor. Not all applications can be shown through it, in fact I am fairly sure that only a few can. Well work looking into before you buy one.

182 Turbo Project
I might go into an Apple store tonight then. Even so, I could sell the iPad on for a profit me thinks.....

A silver one
Has anybody who has a 3G iPad tried there iPhone 4 micro sim in it?

Does doing that allow you to use your mobile phone data allowance via your iPad? The Apple website says:

"The iPhone 4 micro-SIM card will fit into your iPad, but in general, data plans for iPhone are separate from iPad data plans."

It doesn't say that it won't work. It's ridiculous to pay for a mobile phone contract getting a monthly data allowance and then having to pay an extra payment to the same network provider to get an extra data allowance. Why not just share?

Octy VRS
I had use of one of these over Christmas and quite liked it in a way for browsing etc, good for my boy too with games. The thing I found a right pain in the anus is the way you have to have it for typing etc. Impossible to sit back in a comfy chair and do emails and stuff.

Tried the Galaxy pad also and think I prefer it, mainly due to it's size. Pretty much does the same s**t as the Apple and I prefer Android. Both are better than I thought they'd be though.

182 Turbo Project
I had use of one of these over Christmas and quite liked it in a way for browsing etc, good for my boy too with games. The thing I found a right pain in the anus is the way you have to have it for typing etc. Impossible to sit back in a comfy chair and do emails and stuff.

Tried the Galaxy pad also and think I prefer it, mainly due to it's size. Pretty much does the same s**t as the Apple and I prefer Android. Both are better than I thought they'd be though.

What about one of the covers that you can fold so that it stands up a bit? I think it's the official case?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ha! I knew either you or Christopher would say something. Maybe an iMac would be better, but I quite like siting surfing when on the couch.. I really wouldn't have the use for one

Zero point in the iMac Nano. I'd rather have a MacBook Pro... so I do.

I'll be picking up a 2nd gen iPad this year though, for sure.

Octy VRS
It had that I think, just wasn't high enough. I do slouch though. I'd get one for the right price but still think I'd go for the Galaxy sizewise.

Rav4
What app enables you to view your sites offline?

I've had my iPad around a month or so, I never thought I'd ever get one, as it didn't fit my needs. However, I found myself nearly buying an 11" MacBook Air and thought for what I need, the iPad just does the same job!
I work on a 27" iMac all day, but come 6/7pm it's over to the iPad, take it to G/F's house, m8s, take it to meetings with clients, it's brilliant! One App allows me to view all my websites offline, so the 3g/wi-fi isn't a problem either.

My dad also got his on last week, he's never off it!

Racing Blue 182
Just got an Ipad today...having a good read through this thread for some interesting reads.

Just incase anyones interested, got an IPAD 16GB Wifi + 3g free with a mobile phone contract at £35. Was paying that anyways a month on my current contract. Came with a s**t nokia, but still using my Iphone from my previous contract. Get enough mins, txts and 750mb data a month.

If i fancy using the 3g though, will need to buy another contract for this.

Has anyone downloaded an album from iTunes directly on their iPad? I've bought two recently and even when viewing my album list on iPod it keeps every single track seperate. I bought an album last night and now have 63 seperate entries in my album list.

Oddly, transferring purchases on to my computer then re-syncing them back does then combine all the tracks into the album, bit of a pain if I'm going to be away from my computer for a while.