ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad vs iPad2...

Inferno 182 CUP
Either way id buy a refurb.

There all next to brand new have an identical 12 month warranty AND if yours has so much as a single dead pixel after day 1 and you take it back .. you will be given a refurb anyway! ..

I'd have a refurb no probs.

As said above if you need a replacement it's with a refurb model anyway.

I was chatting to a lovely apple shop assistant a few weeks ago and he told me that 9/10 the phone is made up of new parts anyway.

How true that is I don't know.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Already bought now... Just went for a 16gb Wi-Fi in Black and one of those fancy magnetic bendy cover things.

Had to come straight to work though so won't get to play with it until I finish work in the early hours :(

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just quickly set up the iPad and loving it so far..... Just picked my phone up and it felt so small and weird.

AK

M240i
I can type fine on the phone. A bit slower on the iPad however that's probably years of use 3+ on iPhone and 6 months on iPad.

Megane 225 F1
How can you type on your phone with those sausage fingers?

If the iPad 3 has some decent features, I might get one.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Absolutely loving it so far.... Just so much nicer to use to casually browse cs than on my iPhone.

Someone mentioned that they think iPad 2 has a retina display. It doesn't. The pixel density is quite fuzzy by the best standards. Definitely an area to improve on.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I had a quick go on mine last night after i'd updated it to IOS 5. Its bloody brilliant. Need a case for it though.

retina on ipad would be epic

would be a HUGE res

The problem with trying to cram retina-esque pixel density into larger displays, is that the resolution starts to become a burden on graphics rendering. That and of course the costs of the manufacturing process.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yeah you can definitely tell it doesn't have retina display but still a pretty good screen quality.... I bought one of the magnetic screen cover things but think I may get some form of wallet for when I take it out and about... Any recommendations?

An orange one
Is it just me or are refurb iPad 2's only £20 cheaper than new ones?!

I'm planning to buy one on boxing day but the savings gonna have to go bigger than £20?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just realised Facebook on iPad has no chat? Am I being stupid as can't see why it wouldn't.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Is it just me or are refurb iPad 2's only £20 cheaper than new ones?!

I'm planning to buy one on boxing day but the savings gonna have to go bigger than £20?

There is not great savings but obviously depends what spec you go for as could save £60 on a 64gb Wi-Fi and 3G version.