ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad vs iPad2...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Now I have split with the ex and moved back with the parents I find myself with a few spare ££'s a month so am thinking an iPad will be a little gift for myself before I start saving hard.

I jumped from a 3G iPhone to a 4s and it's like night and day, How big is the difference between the iPad and the iPad2?

Worth the extra couple of hundred?

Also what tariff's are you lot using? I'm not currently a heavy user of my iPhone when out and about but certainly would prefer to cover my use in the tariff than pay the extra should I go over my allowance.

I'd be looking at getting a 32gb or maybe 64gb version with Wi-Fi and 3G.

Sorry if a lot of this has been covered but I had a very very quick search and didn't find what I was after.

Cheers
Andy.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Refurb iPad2?

So you can use the allowance for my phone through the iPad? Sorry not got a lot of knowledge on them as never thought I'd get one.

Audi A3
i wouldnt bother to be honest, if youve got a 4s and a laptop i wouldnt personally spunk a few hundred quid on an ipad

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
To be honest I think the most time I will use it is lying in bed as its not the ideal place to use a laptop and i end up straining my eyes using my phone for any period of time, However I am going on holiday in May and having one of these loaded up with a couple of movies and some good games would make the hours at the airport/flight a lot more bearable.

i wouldnt bother to be honest, if youve got a 4s and a laptop i wouldnt personally spunk a few hundred quid on an ipad

Depends what you use if for. I have an iPhone, iPad and laptop, the iPad gets used 99% of the time.

iPad 2 is considerably faster and feels much better in the hands IMO.

Audi A3
yeah agreed if youd use it for movies on holiday and stuff.

my missus' dads got an ipad2 and it is better than the 1. but they just use it for games and stuff and the odd internet search.

I have the iPad 2.

If I had my time again I wouldn't waste my money. More hype than anything.

If you have a decent laptop/desktop save your money.

Put it towards a deposit/car/holiday whatever.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I rarely use my laptop and having just moved home I find my dad and sister use it more than me, I use my phone about 90% of the time for the internet so i reckon I'd get my monies worth but if there is very little between the 2 I may just be a cheapo and buy the 1st gen but if there is a few big differences I'll go 2.

I mean if over time all the Apps will update and get slow on 1st gen i'd rather buy the 2.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I have the iPad 2.

If I had my time again I wouldn't waste my money. More hype than anything.

If you have a decent laptop/desktop save your money.

Put it towards a deposit/car/holiday whatever.

Laptop is not too bad running windows 7 etc. and the parents desktop is shockingly slow so I never use it.

I just feel I want to treat myself a little before I start saving and tbh a new iPad2 would only be 2 maybe 2 months worth of saving so no biggie on expense.

SQ5
To be honest I think the most time I will use it is lying in bed

Hmmmmm, it's good for that ;)

I'm on mine every evening whilst watching TV, just on here and browsing random Internet stuff just broadening my horizons! Missus hates it as I don't put it down, but she bought it for me!

I use it a lot in the evening as easier to email customers and set up jobs for the upcoming days, plus syncs with my iPhone and everyone else in the company with iPhones. Always had a company laptop but never liked using it as it is cumbersome and can be slow.

iPad makes everything easy!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Hmmmmm, it's good for that ;)

I'm on mine every evening whilst watching TV, just on here and browsing random Internet stuff just broadening my horizons! Missus hates it as I don't put it down, but she bought it for me!

I use it a lot in the evening as easier to email customers and set up jobs for the upcoming days, plus syncs with my iPhone and everyone else in the company with iPhones. Always had a company laptop but never liked using it as it is cumbersome and can be slow.

iPad makes everything easy!

;)

Single life hey.

Think I will get one as like you say you can link it up with the phone etc.

Laptop is already getting hot on my thighs and feels heavy plus my Dad has just had to go get his Notebook bless him as I'm on my Laptop so he could use this whilst I use the iPad.

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/campaigns/financeyourmac

Get the 2 on that deal.

Don't get me wrong I use it a lot but If I had my time again I wouldn't bother.

Sell it?? ;)

Was just reading that thread think well I may have to do that but like I say I could have one paid off by End Jan and then just cover the tariff should I choose to go 3G too.

The spell checker pisses me off and Editing words pisses me off.

And Coby no need to buy a 3G if your phone has a portable wifi spot. Connect the iPad to your phone then wherever you get signal you just use your phones 3G.

I do it when I need to works a treat.

Not selling up it's worth it may aswell just keep it. Mine has a small crack in where it's naked body slid of the couch onto the laminate flooring. :(

It's in the black section so you can't really see it though.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Sounds good to me as no doubt I'd be around mates/families house most of the time with it so would probably just link it to their routers anyway.

How easy is it to use the phones internet with it? Pain in the arse or simple?

Sounds good to me as no doubt I'd be around mates/families house most of the time with it so would probably just link it to their routers anyway.

How easy is it to use the phones internet with it? Pain in the arse or simple?

Depends which phone you have tbh. My HTC desire I just turn on my portable wifi spot, then connect the iPad takes less than 1minute it's good.

Check your phone before getting on though.

I love my iPad.

Only have the 1 though so couldn't tell you of the 2 is far better.

Personal hotspot is great. If I'm ever out and about with the iPad turn the Bluetooth on connect to my iphone and it's done.

SQ5
Oh the weight difference between 1 and 2 is a major thing too. 1 feels like a brick!

Wireless hotspot is as simple as turning it on, but depends if your on an iPhone tariff and what operator your with

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm with Vodafone and went from iPhone 3G to an iPhone so presume I'm on an iPhone tariff?

So it'd just be Bluetooth on and away I go? Just for those times when I'd be out and about with it, as long as it isn't cables and shizz then I'd be happy.

Trafic 140dci
I've got an iPad 3G on orange, as they have a very good 3G coverage, take it when ever I'm working away for evening's love it, and as my phone is on Vodafone, when the iPad has no signal i just connect to my iPhone :)

Girlfriend & Mum both have an iPad2, and isn't a great deal different, so if you can get an iPad cheap enough, and save some money its worth it I'd say.

Although i must say I'm not a fan of typing on it.

I'm with Vodafone and went from iPhone 3G to an iPhone so presume I'm on an iPhone tariff?

So it'd just be Bluetooth on and away I go? Just for those times when I'd be out and about with it, as long as it isn't cables and shizz then I'd be happy.

Turn the bluetooth on on the iPad and the personal hotspot on the iPhone. Simple as that.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Even simpler. Just turn the personal wifi option on the phone. No need for Bluetooth.

SQ5

Missus is on Vodafone and it just turned on, in settings look for personal hotspot. Turn that on and wireless will show up on any device saying Andy's iPhone or whatever it's called. It's proper wifi, no Bluetooth involved.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Lovely job.... Now do I pop in the city this week and hopefully walk out with one or should I be sensible and wait til at least the new year?

May sound silly but do Apple do sales?

SQ5
Only the black Friday one. I'd take advantage of the 0% finance thing if it's still on the Apple store. If not a refurb 2?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Think it will be a brand new 32gb iPad2... cant see me needing 64gb as I will keep more music on the phone and movies on the iPad2

Yeah may stick it on the 0% deal BUT I do have thing now I have very few direct debits about owning things outright :eek:

Was paying enough to buy an iPad2 outright into the house account each month so as said could have it paid off right away.

SQ5
I've got a 16gb one and it's all I need really, got plenty of apps, favourite songs, 100 photos or do and no films but I could fit a few on as have 8gb free.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
When is the next official release date or is it all rumours?

JJ! has just killed by advertising a 1st gen and 2nd gen on here BUT would 16gb really be enough? How much memory would a good quality movie use?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I find the 16Gb a bit of a squeeze if you have some music, photos and a couple of video podcasts. I'll be opting for the 32 when I upgrade.

SQ5
Am I right in saying the iPad 2 still doesn't have the retina screen? Will the 3 have this?

Fairly sure it does have it, the original didn't.

This is how mine stands, thought I had more photos.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324327780.625114.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324327780.625114.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 26

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Should be plenty of room for movies then... I only have a 16gb iPhone and have over 8gb free on that as I haven't really bothered putting any music on it.