ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad vs iPad2...

SQ5
You'll find you'll always have your phone on you too so can have your music on that and then more space on your iPad

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Thats my thinking... Hopefully Clart will change his mind on JJ's in the for sale section and i'll snap that up as it's a good price but if not I think I'll go brand new.

Fiesta ST
I went out and bought an iPad 2 last week as a little treat to myself. Went for the 32gb wifi only. Intend to use for movies and just general Internet browsing. Use my phone for music as has already been said and there is more than enough space for what I am wanting. So far I absolutely love it, one of the best things I've bought

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Thats my thinking... Hopefully Clart will change his mind on JJ's in the for sale section and i'll snap that up as it's a good price but if not I think I'll go brand new.

Sorry pal - i bought it.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Nooo.... Got to go into the city before work today so may take a trip into Apple and have a little chat with someone.

Danny has helped with showing what his has on it but roughly what could you store on a 16gb iPad? Movies = X, Music =Y etc.

I will just buy a 16gb if it will hold maybe 3 or 4 movies, plenty of music, good few photos and a fair few Apps.

330Ci cab
I've just taken a screenshot but I can't post it, but I have 2 films, 226 songs, 66apps and so far 20pics, and 6.6gb left but if you have Flickr or photo bucket it's endless? Plus there is the free 5gb that is on iCloud too.
Mine is a 16gb 3G too as I'd prefer to have the choice of using specific data rather than tethering to my phone because last time I went over my data allowance I got stung big time, something like £25 for about 50mb, so for me it's a no-brainier but each to their own :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yeah this is my fear... I think I may just buy one outright and get a 3G version.

330Ci cab
I toyed with the idea of getting one, and now I've got it i don't know why I didn't get one earlier, it is such a tool and a godsend for me and even at almost pauper spec it holds everything I'll need it too. 3G sim for the new year though, I don't need it outdoors just yet lol

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Will probably just get a relatively small data tariff for it as I will mainly be using it in my house or others houses so will just their wi-fi but just for when I'm out and about I would need 3G.

MG ZR 1.8
I've had both, both are brilliant.

But the iPad 2 is just better, has the camera, it is faster and more light weight and plenty more

Love it :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yep think I'm settled on a 2 but still toying 32gb just incase I do somehow fill up a 16gb version.

Best off buying outright and getting a small data tariff rather than setting up an 18/24 month contract aren't I?

330Ci cab
Coby have a look at data plans and see which would best suit you, there are plenty of rolling month contracts 1gb for ~£10 or daily 200mb for ~£3 I haven't decided yet either as I'm the same (wifi hopper) lol but best to have a look for yourself before you decide to spend an extra £100 on top for 3G. That'd be my advice anyway :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I just don't really know how much I use in Data... I think my contract used to be just 1gb of Data and that was more than enough for my phone so think I may just go with that for £10 a month.

How likely are you to use the 3G when out and about on the iPad?

If it's rarely, I'd do what has been suggested and use tethering with your iPhone.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I rarely use my phone to a great extent away from Wi-fi tbh... Little check of Facebook and stuff when at work and the occasional browse but probably get nowhere near my 1gb allowance so dare say I could easily share it between iPhone and iPad and still not go over.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Does sound like a plan but then I worry I may use it more than I expected and end up with a large phone bill but I suppose the £100 saved and the possible £10 a month data tariff would then cover the possible extra mobile bills.

SQ5
Plus if you do need it on the off chance out and about just use your wifi personal hotspot on your iPhone :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yep think it's decided but think I will go with a 32gb version as saving money on not going 3G :)

Going to attempt the city before work so if I get in and have time (Stock dependant) I may own an iPad2 in a couple of hours... Got to treat myself haven't I? :)

Audi S1
Don't go on an iPad tarrif. Pay the extra few quid to your provider and increase your DATA. The Personal HotSpot.

I have a tariff with 3 and it's like 7.50 a month for 1g. Tbh I don't even need the 3G as I don't leave the house with it lol but it is only 7.50 so not to bothered. IPad 2 is definitely the best bet, feels much better in the hands as previously said.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The only reason I can see somebody needing 3G is if it's used extensively for business...and the company pays for it. Tethering is more than adequate for the casual user IMO.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Popped in the city today and had a little play and I'm heading in again tomorrow which is also payday so pretty certain I'll be purchasing a 32gb Wi-fi iPad2

Monaro VXR
Wrong time to buy an iPad now being completely honest.

New one is due very soon. As in end of January start of Feb soon.

Is it worth spending that much now now when the 2 will drop in price so quick when the next model launches.

SQ5
Wrong time to buy an iPad now being completely honest.

New one is due very soon. As in end of January start of Feb soon.

Is it worth spending that much now now when the 2 will drop in price so quick when the next model launches.

And you know this how? I'd be careful if you work for Apple as they have strict rules about releasing dates.

Oh wait, you don't and you believe internet rumours!

Nobody knows when the next Apple product will be released!

Monaro VXR
And you know this how? I'd be careful if you work for Apple as they have strict rules about releasing dates.

Oh wait, you don't and you believe internet rumours!

Nobody knows when the next Apple product will be released!

I know what it looks like already, what screen it has etc. I do not however know the exact release date, which admittedly was more of a guess.

Ipad 2 wont be cheaper when ipad 3 comes out, its never worked like that.

Do you not remember how cheap the original iPad was selling for when the iPad2 launched? Apple were clearing them out for a few weeks after the 2 was on the market. Rather cheap they were too, as were currys and the like.

Mk5 golf gti
i have an ipad1 and havent been able to justify getting an ipad2......yet

dont feel as though im limited at all on the ipad1

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I want one now... Nobody would ever buy anything if you were going to wait for the next generation of it.

Well when the iphone 4 came out the 3gs never went cheaper, when the 4s was released the 4 never went cheaper. So unless its different for ipads i cant see the ipad 2 going cheaper, but hey what do i know

Inferno 182 CUP
Spunking nearly £500 on an iPad 2 is stupid this close to the new release .. were 3/4 of the way through the cycle ..

Id be buying a 16GB refurb for £330 from Apple. Its as good as brand new. Just be wary of what you put o it so your mindful of space .. then when 3 comes out chop it in ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well when the iphone 4 came out the 3gs never went cheaper, when the 4s was released the 4 never went cheaper. So unless its different for ipads i cant see the ipad 2 going cheaper, but hey what do i know

Yes they did. Please people, if you don't know then don't say it.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Valid point Danny BUT I can't see me choosing to chop it in for the 3 because I'm not too fussed generally about having the most up to date stuff, Yes I'll buy the 2 and have a 4s but when the next generation of both come out I'll just stick with what I have, I had a 3G iPhone until 2 months ago :eek: