ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad Mini

Mondeo ST220
Any ideas on this issue people?

Got a brand new iPad and got it all setup nicely with my iPhone 4S. So when I get texts, calendar entries, reminders etc on one device it updates the other. However, when I get an iMessage now, it shows on both devices but I only get a tone on my iPad and although I get a banner alert on my iPhone I get no tone or vibration despite both being on.

Also, if my iPhone is unlocked when I get the iMessage banner at the top of the screen, it doesn't vanish until you click on it.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'm just using a Smart Cover from Apple. I'm really enjoying the Mini, the battery is fantastic too.

Revels Mum & Sister
Yes. Just had a quick look (a mate had mentioned it) seems to be very fussy about encoding.

Out of interest, why would you need to replace the stock rom? (im not being a c**t, just asking)

Technically you wouldnt. As stock Jellybean is pretty good. BS or MX Player will sort out the issues with DIVX etc. It will play

Video (1080p)
Decode H.264 (HP @ 40Mbps)
VC-1 AP
MPEG2
MPEG-4
DivX 4/5
XviD HT
H.263
Theora
VP8
WMV
Sorenson Spark
Real Video
VP6
Encode H.264
MPEG4
H.263
VP8
Video Teleconference (VTC) H.264
MPEG4
H.263
VP8

I just like fiddling around with ROM's and the like to be honest. Plus a lot of them are more aimed at certain uses with better skins and certain areas more optomised. So no you wouldnt have to but I would like to and it is pretty simple :)

I do love the iPad and IOS however I feel they need to do something soon as it has become pretty stale in that regard however it is still immense and has features I would not like to be without.

Just clicked on my order. Still says 15th November delivery, but it's now saying "Preparing for shipment". Anyone else's saying this? Fingers crossed it gets posted ASAP

LY 182
Just received the 'Shipment Notification' email now! :D

Says expected delivery on or before 13/11 so that's at least 2 days earlier than initially expected.

6/468 17poo
A lot of shops have them near me, the case decision is pretty bleak at the moment the apple one doesn't really do much at all!

LY 182
Sorted myself a new job out for the new year which involves commuting so this mini is going to be my new best friend! :eek:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Was tempted to get one but had a play and I'll stick with the N7. I'll buy the mini for the GF at christmas.

I much prefer ios on my phone but prefer the freedom on android on a tablet. It does look/feel very nice however.

vauxhall corsa vxr
went to my local apple store today and was surprised they have them in stock this has led me to make a rash decision i've sold my 3 and i'm gonna buy a mini from florida on sunday when i'm there can get 64gb for the same price as a 32gb over here

Had a play with one in the Trafford centre today. Seriously impressed. Had no intention of getting one, but I'm trying to think of somebody to palm my iPad 3 off to give me an excuse to get one.

I've ignored all the talk of the current gen iPad being 'heavy' as I though it was b****cks - I use mine everyday and hardly notice any weight. Now it feels like I'm holding a brick.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
went to my local apple store today and was surprised they have them in stock this has led me to make a rash decision i've sold my 3 and i'm gonna buy a mini from florida on sunday when i'm there can get 64gb for the same price as a 32gb over here

Allegedly stock levels in the US are totally dry?

vauxhall corsa vxr
worth a try i'm there for 3 weeks, i got a great price for my ipad 3 so im gonna be left with money when buying my mini but i'm an apple freak and i know that the next one they bring out ill probably buy that as well

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
So cute :)

58DF6A5F-BE2C-46A3-B8F1-0E1873225568-635-0000005F4396BD2B.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
LOL I'm guessing his grandparents don't play Xbox.

Looks sick Keith. I'm leaning towards a Mini over a 4 tbh!

Bumder With A Buffer
Doesn't support avi out of the box apparently. But im sure theres an app that does.

Bit late to the party...

Yes QQ Player. Install, drag files into the video folder and it refreshes itself when you open it. I've only had an issue with a couple of mp4's that have some weird codec when they were ripped. Sound is just silly low picture is fine.

133/225/CLS AMG
I must admit I wouldn't mind a Mini but wouldn't ditch my iPad 3 for one. Suppose it's a bit overkill buying one as well but must admit the size is very appealing in terms of portability as the full size is rather hefty.