ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad Mini

LY 182
Which will come out in about 6 months? ;)

Nobody would be surprised if that was the case. Though they may now be happy with the yearly release around the November mark for the Christmas sales period.

As with any Apple product there's always going to be an upgrade not too far round the corner.

Does that mean the mini isn't worth buying now? Of course not.

RS6 C7
Pics:
iipasdmin001.jpg

iipasdmin002.jpg

iipasdmin005.jpg

iipasdmin006.jpg

2014 Focus Titanium
Obviously they're looking to completely dominate the market, but there is certainly a demographic for it.

They say they used the iPad 2 display to keep costs down and keep compatibility with the app ecosystem which makes sense. But I think just as importantly it gives them plenty of scope for the 2nd model. They'll be able to sell that with a retina display etc.

Sorry mate but that is absolute BS. They did it for one reason and one reason only, because they knew people like you would buy it anyway, then in another 12 months gush over the fact the new model has better screen. Seriously I can't believe some people take in this marketing b****cks and believe it! You only have to look at the Nexus 7 which is 50dpi more.

This isn't a dig at Apple of the Ipad Mini btw, just the percentage of buyers who have this ridiculous view. I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised at the price point of the iPad mini, they'll do well.

DB.

BMW 440i
I love how close the screen is to the edge, part of me wants one more than the retina iPad for Christmas

182 ff
got my kids 1 each for xmas this morning on the way back from edinburgh ! they sold 50 already at this was in dixons at 10am

RS6 C7
The screen quality seems an improvement over the old iPad 2 and next to my iPhone 5 the quality difference is minimal.

It's just an iPad but smaller, I love how it the perfect size now, I always found the old one too large and heavy. This one is ridiculously light and thin.

Monaco 172 (5/468)
Just walked into Tesco ( Seacroft, Leeds ) and couldn't believe they had these in stock !! Had to buy one..

LY 182
Sorry mate but that is absolute BS. They did it for one reason and one reason only, because they knew people like you would buy it anyway, then in another 12 months gush over the fact the new model has better screen. Seriously I can't believe some people take in this marketing b****cks and believe it! You only have to look at the Nexus 7 which is 50dpi more.

This isn't a dig at Apple of the Ipad Mini btw, just the percentage of buyers who have this ridiculous view. I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised at the price point of the iPad mini, they'll do well.

People like me?

Considering I still role with an iPhone 4 I think I'm perfectly capable of deciding whether or not I want to buy an Apple product, and not be dictated by their marketing.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
When is this aids in a tin out?

I love objective comments. There's other tablets on the market, but apple are some how fooling people with well packaged junk? That must be it.

RS6 C7
It's the best Apple product iv'e used so far. I found the iPhone 5 slightly disappointing but this is awesome!

I just love the way it feels. You don't really notice it's a smaller screen when using it. Weighs literally nothing :)

People can't slate until they try one!

DB.

BMW 440i
Going to take a trip into Apple soon, may opt for an iPad mini 64GB in Black for Christmas rather than the retina iPad. Something about it appeals more to me. Hmmm.

320d M Sport
Going to take a trip into Apple soon, may opt for an iPad mini 64GB in Black for Christmas rather than the retina iPad. Something about it appeals more to me. Hmmm.

True that. It's just seems more fun a d desirable? Weird!

Ibiza FR
I got mine yesterday, love it. So nice to use, sometimes my old iPad just felt big and heavy where as this is so thin and light. As said, you need to see one in the flesh, as I was still unsure after ordering but wanted to make sure I got one.

DB.

BMW 440i
I genuinely think I'm leaning towards a 64GB Black iPad Mini over a 64GB Black iPad with the retina display. I'm not paying so money isn't the issue, theres just something about how slick it looks in black with the slate back. Can't help but think I may regret it afterwards though when the novelty has worn off.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Wish I hadn't of pre-ordered from Apple now. Expected delivery of the 16th, fml.

Mountune Tractor
It's the best Apple product iv'e used so far. I found the iPhone 5 slightly disappointing but this is awesome!

I just love the way it feels. You don't really notice it's a smaller screen when using it. Weighs literally nothing :)

People can't slate until they try one!

Can I ask why you have bought one?

Mountune Tractor
It's way more portable than the regular iPad, It's well priced and looks and feels 10x as nice as the old one.

Mainly for the size of it as i travel around alot.

Cool.
So you'll be using your iPad for home instead of the mini?