ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad Mini

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. I was stuck on what to go for, a mini or a refurb 3. The only thing that swung it for me was the lightning port as I have just gotten rid of all my old cables and bought new. Otherwise it would have been a no brainer, the 3 has better internals where as the mini is essentially a 2.

LY 182
FLOL! Well how exactly is the mini better than a 3?

Do you not understand why they made the mini?

I didn't say the mini was better.

You've made the assumption that the mini is a far worse product. Yes the 3 has a better processor and a better screen, but the mini is designed for a different purpose. Perhaps that's why the guy was tempted to switch.

And comparing the difference as a Supercar to a hatchback... Brilliant.

I don't need to assume. Of course the mini will not be as good as a 3, THAT'S THE POINT FFS!

And I don't think my analogy was too bad. Maybe a supercar and a sports saloon would be more appropriate then ;)

LY 182
My point, which perhaps I haven't adequately made, is that it's not going to be 'much worse'. Unless of course you're basing it solely on specs, in which case that misses the point completely.

Anyway, you have your view I have mine. Moving on.

LY 182
What's wrong with that providing it's factual!?

Not saying the facts aren't correct. But it's very reminiscent of Samsung's S3 advert where they cherry pick the facts.

In this circumstance, no mention of Apple's massively superior library of apps.

DB.

BMW 440i
Attacking the competition is wrong, Apple shouldn't have done it IMO.

As a customer, I enjoy it. It's fun seeing competitors having a bit of banter between them.

GameOver.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
Not saying the facts aren't correct. But it's very reminiscent of Samsung's S3 advert where they cherry pick the facts.

In this circumstance, no mention of Apple's massively superior library of apps.

Everyone can name their strengths in a job interview, you aren't going to focus on your weaknesses are you.

LY 182
Everyone can name their strengths in a job interview, you aren't going to focus on your weaknesses are you.

Of course not.

Just doesn't seem the usual thing Amazon would do. But nobody would have expected Apple to make comparisons to the Nexus tablet.

It's an irrelevant point anyway. If somebody buys either device without knowing the full pros and cons they're not the brightest spark.

FLOL! "A smaller motherboard to house the two years old A5 chip"

That video pretty much sums up my point earlier, and highlights anyone who is thinking about changing their full iPad for a mini is an idiot.

133/225/CLS AMG
FLOL! "A smaller motherboard to house the two years old A5 chip"

That video pretty much sums up my point earlier, and highlights anyone who is thinking about changing their full iPad for a mini is an idiot.

My interpretation of the mini is that it's a 'lite' version, bit like those free apps you download. They do the same thing but they're not quite as good as the full version.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Call it what you will. They made a backward step to cater for poor people.

Pivotal.

They've done it to make more money, on the basis there was a segment of the market they weren't in.

No company really cares who's buying their product.

The fact is, they were losing out, so did something about it.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
They've done it to make more money, on the basis there was a segment of the market they weren't in.

Yup, the same reason Google have just launched a Nexus 10.

133/225/CLS AMG
It's market capitalisation, no?

Yeah that's my thinking on it. They weren't in the 7" tablet market, now they are.

To us techy nerds discussing it, we can see it's an iPad 2 but smaller which in terms of spec isn't as good as the recent gen iPads.

To everyone else out there, they won't care. It's smaller, it's Apple and it'll work like all their other products work.

I'm aware of why they have done it.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
You can also hardly say its for poor people. Its only £30 cheaper than a full size iPad?

DB.

BMW 440i
Loads of poor people have iPads, lots just bung them on Argos cards the lot, theyre hardly that expensive at circa £400.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Cheapest iPad mini is £269. Cheapest iPad (On Apple website) is £329. So £60 difference.

And like I said. You can get a new iPad 2 elsewhere for £300 now.

330Ci cab
i dont understand the 'poor' comments. a lot of posts are making the Apple brand sound very 'snobbish', or is it just me?

133/225/CLS AMG
The Apple brand is very snobbish but the 'poor' comments are just a joke.

My Mrs bought an iPad 2 not because she's poor because she's a tight ar$e but also wouldn't benefit from the extra cost of the 3. Maybe she's poor after buying me a 64gb 3 for my birthday though! lol

330Ci cab
The Apple brand is very snobbish but the 'poor' comments are just a joke.

My Mrs bought an iPad 2 not because she's poor because she's a tight ar$e but also wouldn't benefit from the extra cost of the 3. Maybe she's poor after buying me a 64gb 3 for my birthday though! lol

haha excellent! :)
tbh i bought 16gb 3G, but thats because im proper thick in some respects and didnt have a clue about tethering, in which case i'd have bought a 32. numpty lol