ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS7 - Features/Screenshots

An orange one
When on safari is there a way to stop the top and bottom bars appearing and disappearing? It's annoying the hell out of me.

Full screen used to stay full screen, with a handy back arrow in the corner

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tbf the Safari app feels so dated now. I much preferred the previous version. So much so I want to install another browser.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Safari is still the best mobile browser out there.

Chrome is too slow

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Visual voicemail seems to have a few issues. Had a lot of voicemail related stuff to do at work today, chasing up people who's numbers I hadn't saved but had left me voicemails, and it kept dropping down the dropdown box but it was masked by the below voicemails. had to close "phone" several times and re-enter.

I've also had safari lock up on me recently with nothing else open and only one window.

SQ5
Visual voicemail seems to have a few issues. Had a lot of voicemail related stuff to do at work today, chasing up people who's numbers I hadn't saved but had left me voicemails, and it kept dropping down the dropdown box but it was masked by the below voicemails. had to close "phone" several times and re-enter.

I've also had safari lock up on me recently with nothing else open and only one window.

Mine constantly puts the unavailable message over the top part but can still select everything under it with out seeing it.

Also problem with music, when listening and want to skip back a track it won't let me and acts as if I'm listening to first song on a playlist. Any ideas?!

An orange one
Ok... 8 days into ios7 I've had a complete change of heart! It's brilliant tbh!

No bugs, crashes or glitches on my 5S at all and while browsing on my iPad 2 last night ios5 I found myself constantly swiping the screen to go back a page.. And it seemed wrong when it didn't work lol.

I guess with it being such a huge change it was a shock at first, but I'm loving it now! :)

Plus the gold iphone is just sheer eye candy! What a great looking device. Just sayin'

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
My iPad Air has been pretty terrible (crashing, freezing) hoping things improve dramatically.

My iPad Air has been pretty terrible (crashing, freezing) hoping things improve dramatically.

I've only noticed the odd Safari crash, but it's been doing that with varying degrees of frequency since the first beta. Pretty rare right now though.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
It seems to be better now, iPad Mini Retina due next week and just got a new iPhone 5 from Apple due to camera issues, pretty pleased with that.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
It seems to be better now, iPad Mini Retina due next week and just got a new iPhone 5 from Apple due to camera issues, pretty pleased with that.

I take it back, still being toss, crashes a plenty and I even had it restart completely just now (although it took nowhere near as long as a cold boot)

AK

M240i
Anyone got a link to charger cables that work without the error message, that are cheaper than the ones from Apple :eek:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
After breaking my Nexus 4 at the weekend I've had to start using my sisters old 4s. Really struggling with iOS7 as it is horrible looking.

I'm also finding it slow as hell. I've ditched safari, mail and Siri in favour of chrome, gmail and google search (iPhone equivalent of Google now).

Are there any other apps I can get hold of without jail breaking to make this phone a little more user friendly.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
After breaking my Nexus 4 at the weekend I've had to start using my sisters old 4s. Really struggling with iOS7 as it is horrible looking.

I'm also finding it slow as hell. I've ditched safari, mail and Siri in favour of chrome, gmail and google search (iPhone equivalent of Google now).

Are there any other apps I can get hold of without jail breaking to make this phone a little more user friendly.

I dont think you mean 'user friendly' iPhones as they come are as user friendly as you can get.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
User friendly is an opinion, not a fact.

I'm finding the move back from Android to iOS difficult and simple things are annoying me like the inability to have icons on your home screen wherever you want, the screen is too small for my fingers to type correctly on it without having to type at 1 word per minute, it's really fussy about what content you can share between different apps.

So yeah, it's not very user friendly imo.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I'm finding the move back from Android to iOS difficult and simple things are annoying me like the inability to have icons on your home screen wherever you want, the screen is too small for my fingers to type correctly on it without having to type at 1 word per minute, it's really fussy about what content you can share between different apps.

Sell her 4S Buy a moto G and GTFO of this section.

If you insist on sticking with an OS you hate then using chrome isn't going to solve your speed issues, it's slow on ios.

The gmail app is s**t too (I use mailbox)

Last edited:

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Sell it and buy an Android phone then? Moaning about it on an IOS7 discussion thread is hardly going to resolve chubby finger syndrome.