ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS 4.3

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Running 4.3 on a 3GS 16gb and I've noticed that since going to 4.3 my iPhone seems a lot slower when going into and out of menus. Anyone else? Nothing on there apart from a page of apps and about 10 photos. 1gb max.

I've got the same phone and put the 4.3 update on yesterday. I haven't noticed any difference, tbh...

D.

Rav4
I have found Safari to be pretty much the same in regards to speed. TomTom takes about 8 seconds longer to load.

It's a new image, not an update.

Have not tried airplay as of yet.

Was really looking forward to the personal hot spot, blasted o2 spoilt it for me.

That is about it.

1.8 Civic EX
anyone have trouble updating a 3g? Just doing doing one, the update downloaded ok but it just sits there on the Backing up screen, the green bar doesn't even move from left to right. I've just stopped it for now as it's been like that for ages. Gonna try again tomorrow when i have more time...

1.2 Dynamique 16v
How have people jailbroken 4.3.x ?

I'm still running 4.2.1 atm and want to upgrade but don't want a unjailbroken phone..

dk

911 GTS Cab
Interesting.......

Researchers have discovered a file on the Apple iPhone and iPad that reportedly saves every detail of its owner's movements.

The data file in the mobile 3G devices is then copied to the user's computer during synchronisation, reports The Guardian.

"Apple has made it possible for almost anybody - a jealous spouse, a private detective - with access to your phone or computer to get detailed information about where you've been," said security researcher Pete Warden.

The file details the latitude and longitude of the phone's recorded co-ordinates. It also records a timestamp, revealing where the phone was at different times of the day.

The recording file was thought to be issued in June 2010 with Apple's iOS 4 update to the phone's operating system.

"This is a worrying discovery. Location is one of the most sensitive elements in anyone's life - just think where people go in the evening," said Simon Davies of Privacy International.

Davies added: "The existence of that data creates a real threat to privacy. The absence of notice to users or any control option can only stem from an ignorance about privacy at the design stage."

The iPhone is thought to be the only mobile phone that tracks its owner's movements and data with such a file.

Warden and fellow data scientist Alasdair Allan investigated Google's Android phone and did not find a similar tracking code. The researchers are to present their findings on Wednesday at the Where 2.0 conference in San Francisco.

"We haven't come across any instances of other phone manufacturers doing this," said Allen.

The file apparently moves to new devices when the owner replaces or upgrades their iPhone. It also records data whether or not the user agrees to allow their data to be tracked.

"The fact that [the file] is transferred across [to a new iPhone or iPad] when you migrate is evidence that the data-gathering isn't accidental," Allen added.

Warden and Allan launched the iPhone Tracker information website to answer consumer questions about their discovery. The site also offers a downloadable application that will display the data the iPhone is recording.

DCi
doh... i just started a thread on this.... your carrier probably does it, although they won't sync it to your PC to be fair.

if you properly secure your devices it doesn't really matter i guess.

there is a link to the software in my thread btw

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Is it a big revelation and surprise? We all have apps that tell us what services/facilities are around us etc,. The phone needs to know where we are to supply that information. Or am I misunderstanding what is actually being revealed? Is it that fact the data is being stored?

dk

911 GTS Cab
just done it on mine and its scarily accurate, some dodgy places i've not been to, but flown over.....

quite cool really if i'm being honest

DCi
Is it a big revelation and surprise? We all have apps that tell us what services/facilities are around us etc,. The phone needs to know where we are to supply that information. Or am I misunderstanding what is actually being revealed? Is it that fact the data is being stored?
the difference is this:

say you take a picture, you can then go to 'places' on the photo app, and you can see where you took your photos from.
You can also opt out of this feature if you don't want it by turning off location services.

the thing that has come out today, the phone is making a log of everywhere you went and syncing it up to your PC for an unknown reason. There is no opt out and although the T&C's say 'we may do this' no one knew they really were.

it's a bit funny i think

Never above 25mpg
Not really, it doesn't store the location data and that's about it. Did you not read the screen in iTunes that tells you what it's going to change lol!!?

No. I open iTunes to put a new CD on and update the iPhone once in a while. I listen to music in the car.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
With 4.3.3 has anyone noticed a bug with txt messages. Cant explain it really but it just seems inconsistent in certain ways..

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Based on your "description" of the bug, no, I can't say I have experienced it.