ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS 4.3

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Yeah I know that lol, Alexiooo made it sound like he'd got his working without setting it up with O2

nah, just spoke to a guy i work with, he has it set up, basically its the same as tethering but minus the USB cable... lol

Megane 225 F1
Now that I know Personal Hotspot works I may save cash and buy the wifi only iPad 2.

That is a brilliant idea. I can do it for free using my free data bolt on that I have with o2 from my Android, so was thinking about buying an iPad 2 wireless and then use my phone as wifi hotspot.

BMW F31
nah, just spoke to a guy i work with, he has it set up, basically its the same as tethering but minus the USB cable... lol

Ah ok.

Having a wifi iPad it'd be useful at times to hotspot using my iPhone but I cant even find the bolt on on o2's site even if I were stupid enough to pay it!

Ah ok.

Having a wifi iPad it'd be useful at times to hotspot using my iPhone but I cant even find the bolt on on o2's site even if I were stupid enough to pay it!

Internet tethering for 02 bolt-ton costs £7.66 a month for 500MB...hmmm... 3 1GB PAYG sim cards are only 4 quid each.. i think i`ll stick using PAYG sims, methinks! dont use it that often to to warrant adding it on every month.

Inferno 182 CUP
Being on the original iPhone tariff with unlimited data download FTw :cool:

im proper stupid as you know ...

and i too have this tariff .. so am i right in saying that with unlimited data i can use my iphone to tether a wireless connection to an ipad or any other device for that matter - a laptop for example to get a wifi connection and not pay a penny for it?

Megane 225 F1
Nope. Because to tether on teh iPhone, you need to set up tethering with your network provider which is a bolt on. I'm using an Android phone which allows wifi hotspot without network provider business and just uses my data download from the phone.

BMW F31
Internet tethering for 02 bolt-ton costs £7.66 a month for 500MB...hmmm... 3 1GB PAYG sim cards are only 4 quid each.. i think i`ll stick using PAYG sims, methinks! dont use it that often to to warrant adding it on every month.

That's kind of tempting, guess I could just swap sims if I need to hotspot whilst out

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Sunspider Results (lower is better)
Apple iPad 2 (iOS 4.3) 2173.1ms
Apple iPad (iOS 4.2.1) 8207.0ms
Apple iPad (iOS 4.3) 3484.7ms
Apple iPhone 4 (iOS 4.2.1) 10291.4ms
Apple iPhone 4 (iOS 4.3) 4052.2ms
Motorola Xoom 2141.8ms
Motorola Atrix 4G 4100.6ms

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
yeah very.

Although i just ran it on my work PC in chrome.

241.8ms

LOL.

Then i ran it again in IE8

3996.8ms

wtf, it's huge

1299791976.png

Suzuki Jimny
Yay it's done. Damn coal powered internet.

Nothing has changed and I can't use the personal hotspot. FML.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Took me around 3 hours as well, and iTunes crashed so I had to start again. Now it vibrates twice when I get a text :eek: and... don't use any other feature. Amazing.

A silver one
Safari seems a bit faster.
Hotspot is a fantastic idea, but it is a complete rip off with O2 so won't be getting used.
Homeshare works like a dream.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Safari seems a bit faster.
Hotspot is a fantastic idea, but it is a complete rip off with O2 so won't be getting used.
Homeshare works like a dream.

There's a tweak out on Cydia for £1 that allows you to use it without a sub if you wish ;)

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I'm non JB'd though fella. TBF that is the only thing that interests me bout doing it though.

It's the only reason I jailbreak, not interested in themes etc or pikey apps. Apparently 4.3 untethered jailbreak will be out this week.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
For the moment. They are releasing new plans next week.

They need to allow unlimited data again. Because they limited it to 500mb or 1gb this year I just stayed on a monthly contract which I had unlimited on and brought the iPhone 4 out straight. Fingers crossed it'll be unlimited as I easily do 1-2.5gb a month and that's without hotspot etc

BMW F31
Anybody else seen THIS neat little trick?

Downloaded Xcode yesterday and set the iPad up, its a very useful addition and definitely sets a precedent to do away with the home button on future devices.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Running 4.3 on a 3GS 16gb and I've noticed that since going to 4.3 my iPhone seems a lot slower when going into and out of menus. Anyone else? Nothing on there apart from a page of apps and about 10 photos. 1gb max.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Running 4.3 on a 3GS 16gb and I've noticed that since going to 4.3 my iPhone seems a lot slower when going into and out of menus. Anyone else? Nothing on there apart from a page of apps and about 10 photos. 1gb max.

did you update or restore?

Mk4 .:R32
F**k me, just downloading the update, says 15 hours left haha.

Just updated itunes (think it was a 155mb download) which took like 10 mins. Why the hell is the 4.3 update saying it'll take so long?

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
i have noticed that my iPhone 4 is really clunky on 4.3, might roll back to 4.2.1 just so i can have my old text tones back... lol