ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intake manifold K4M

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
In my opinion the long single hoses of the K4M´s intake manifold are optimized for goog volumetric efficency at low and medium revs but not for +6000. Also the F4R engine of the ClioRS uses a different intake manifold compared to the "civil" F4R versions. But how to shorten them by keeping the spends low? I thougt now about bonding some inter-connections between the hoses like drawed in the picture below and so creating a second plenum.

INTERCONNECTIONS.JPG

What do you think about this? Contra-productive? And what about the dimensioning of it?

Thanks for any statements.

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
basic fluid mechanics says that you will reduce the speed of the flow and will create many different vorticity sites etc. So to me those sub channels wont work even will reduce your power. Try to increase the size and/or volume of the collection part of the inlet (renault 16v written part) hope it helps

M

mini-valver

I'll let you know about what mine is having done when I get the car back and write a full report etc about it. Should be back in a weeks or so I hope!

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
So that´s the DBilas intake manifold. I just got an answer on my e-mail from them with this picture:

Dbilas_k4x_k.JPG

Hmm.....pretty short and I think it won´t fit in my old Clio engine bay due to bigger hight...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Uggh! but then to be fair all of their stuff does.

Very Very short.

cup 182 mit stripes
I take no offence at leighk18's comment, as judging from his diction he is obviously a moron.

If i say that one is gash, would i actually go out and attempt to make something worse?

Mine will not be cast, so yes, it will look better.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
In my opinion too short for some low-speed torque left, I think even the trumpets of the Clio 1600 Kit car are longer....

clio16000.JPG

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
For that price (DBilas offered me €1350.- inkl. VAT and re-mapping) I can nearly get normal F4R-engine (140hp-version) with under 100.000km, and then I have both, power and torque....

Renaultsport parts are undiscussable.....

M

mini-valver

The Dbilas one doesnt actually look like it will do a great deal, throttle bodie has moved tp the side but the intake pipes are'nt a great deal shorter with it being at the side.
We'll see what happens with mine but I'm fairly confident it'll be better than that ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
looks fine to me, thats a simmilar idea to what i done with my 1.2 16v airbox when i had it. except i ran the cold air feed to the standard location but used a slightly wider one.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
looks fine to me, thats a simmilar idea to what i done with my 1.2 16v airbox when i had it. except i ran the cold air feed to the standard location but used a slightly wider one.

Do you have any pictures of it? A friend of mine has also a 1.2 16V.

M

mini-valver

Nothing major. Got the magic part we were waiting for so it's a case of waiting now bud....

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
Solution is now merging a K4M-manifold with a Laguna F4R-manifold...:)

Ansaugkruemer_K4x.jpg
+
Ansaugkruemer_F4x.jpg
=
SANY0355k.jpg

But was a little work to do...

Foto-0031002.jpg

Foto-0032b.jpg

SANY0181k.JPG

SANY0182k.JPG

SANY0183k.JPG

SANY0184k.JPG

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

matched_1.jpg

matched_2.jpg

SANY0354k.jpg

Not yet installed, but will be done soon including a dyno-run

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
No not shorter but about 20% wider, effectively they are now 3/4 inch longer. Don´t wanna go shorter, because that would be go hand in hand with torque-loss at low/mid revs.

I´m quite happe with my actual engine characteristic and hope not to change that much. Only better fillig at high revs due to lower flow-through resistance at high flow rates.

power-diagram

torque-diagram

Clio 1.6L 16V
Wow impressive job. I only have one question, what are you going to do with the oil breather that comes from the head of the engine to the intake manifold?, if this is longer how are you going to put the TB??, cheers.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
There is this spacer-plate made aof aluminium that is inserted between the cylinder head and the lower manifold-section, so that the position of the oil breather hole and the throttle body remains the same. You can see it in two of the last pics.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
No, because the car isn´t on the street, yet. I have saisonal registration that begins 1st of April, then I have to pass our Mot (TÜV main inspection) and afterwards I´ll go on the dyno...so this will happen mid to end of April.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
Manifold is now installed. Car runs very well, I have the impression that the flat spot at 3000rpm is nearly gone and it revs more free up to 7000. Unfortunately I wasn´t on the dyno, yet as my reference-dyno doesn´t work at the moment.

l6jvqsht.png
aacuzyd3.png
vpjer99j.png

Also got a brake-update:

- Callipers from the R18 turbo with 54mm dia, brakets Clio 16v, all rebuilt and red powder coated.

- Brake master cylinder from Laguna with 23,8mm dia

- discs Sandtler GT

- Pads EBC yellow stuff

2zj7at7y.png
5pvhfvtg.png

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
Was on the dyno now. Flat spot ist still present, but the figures themselves are O.K.

As always I had two runs that were nearly equal. It´s got now104kW at 5670rpm and 182,6Nm at 4690rpm. The chrakteristic didn´t change much, from it´s peak power it goes flat to the limiter. But the torque curve above 3500rpm is now more continous and all in all the torque level is higher.

Leistung_Mai2010.jpg

Drehmoment_Mai2010.jpg

But the torque curve above 3500rpm is now more continous and all in all the torque level is higher.

Leistungsmessungsvergleich0910.jpg