ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance with alloys

1.2 Authentique
Ive recently bought my clio second hand and it came with alloys on. I asked a few of my friends who have also bought cars second hand with alloys on about there insurance and they all said that because they bought it with them on they haven't declared it and if anything goes wrong, they just palm it off on the previous driver and there is no problem. However i am unsure. I am on my dads insurance... No i am not fronting my insurance we both use the car equally, however if i were to crash and there are alloys on the car would there be more of a chance of them thinking that i am trying to front it?
Any responses will help thanks.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You should really declare them. Me personally, I'd declare them if they were aftermarket but probably wouldn't if they were OEM.

I would. For peace of mind if nothing else.

I'd rather pay a few quid extra a year and sleep easy than have to worry about a claim being knocked back over such a minor thing.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If they're standard on the car no, even if they were an option you should really declare them iirc, but so many people don't know what was standard and what was an option, it's not something I think you'd really get stung over.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
so if it is a dynamique, the (Renault) alloys come as standard.

I am unsure of the tinted windows though (rear tinted only, not the film stuff you get from shops).

Is there anyway you can find out what your car came with as standard and what was added as an extra? Do Renault keep that info on file?

rs 200
If they're standard on the car no, even if they were an option you should really declare them iirc,

Now this bit confused me when I was sorting out Insurance for my car. I phoned them and said the car had the optional extras of cup pack and paint. because it said declare optional extras on there website they then asked if it came out the factory like it. to which I said yes then they said it doesn't matter then. So will they still cover me for these options if i write the car off or it disappears one day.