ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Info Needed - Brembos

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Going to be fitting Brembo front callipers from a Megane 225 to the Trophy and I'm wondering the following questions.

1, What discs will i need to use & does anyone have a part number if OE ?
2, I already have braided brake lines but do i need longer ones from a 197/200 ?
3, What brembo brackets are better, Ebay ones or Puremotorsport ones ?
4, Whats the best pads to fit for standard road / fast road use ?

I already run 16" prima racing alloys with front spacers so clearance should not be an issue.

@George@RTR_Parts @Dan@SJM @Mike@Rentech can you shed any light on this please ?

Last edited:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
1) standard discs or get 300mm scenic discs off george you have to buy bigger mounts for the 300mm ones BUT with the 300mm mounts you dont need to machine the calipers (much easier)
2) you will need new lines as they are different fitment. http://www.optimiz-access.fr/freinage/durites-aviation/durites-aviation-clio-2-rs-etrier-clio-3.html
buy them here, they are goodridge braided ones from France, perfect fit, dirt cheap (due to exchange rate) and takes a week or less for delivery. google chrome and right click to translate. if ordering england is rayaume unis on the order page (thank me later)
3 Pure motorsport ones are best as they are offset which means that the pad sweeps the entire disc surface as opposed to for example the standard 182 brakes which lave that unsightly rusty ring around the far edge, look at this pic to see what i mean:
bGpCRxX.jpg

means the whole disc is nice and shiney.

4) i run ds2500 and use the ceratec anti squeel kit off ebay - some anti squeel shims and brake pad goo. They stop extremely well and make no noise at all.

You will love the brembos they feel superb and you can vary brake pressure a lot more with them. You wont need a bigger master cylinder either.

You will need spacers though (min 10mm recommended if using et45 turinis (trophy ones)

You might also need to get your wheel weights moved and rebalanced if using the 300 kit.
see here ofr a bit more info
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/197-brembo-front-calipers.775333/#post-10767184

hope that helps marc

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Easy to fit it all yourself , get some brake fluid off george and an eezibleed kit off halfords, takes an hour per side plus 45 mins to bleed. I can guide you if needed.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
You will need spacers though (min 10mm recommended if using et45 turinis (trophy ones)
Is this absolutely right mate? I'm hearing conflicting messages. My Brembo kit is being delivered in the next day or two and I was led to believe that I would not need spacers running the standard Trophy Turinis... if this is the case then I will have to buy some. :) Cheers!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@SharkyUK i was on the phone to PureMotorsport today and they said there kit fitted perfectly with "Cup" Turini alloys as they are a different ET to the Trophy ones.
With this I'm guessing that they prob will need spacers, I also have my Prima Racing alloys and i have no idea what ET these are 😊

I spoke directly with @optical today and he gave me all the help i needed so all i need to get now is the following.

Renault Scenic Front 300mm Discs
Pure Motorsport Mounting Kit
197/200 Braided Front Brake Lines
Front Brake Pads

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Is this absolutely right mate? I'm hearing conflicting messages. My Brembo kit is being delivered in the next day or two and I was led to believe that I would not need spacers running the standard Trophy Turinis... if this is the case then I will have to buy some. :smile: Cheers!
let me go and measure....

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I use ET 45 Turinis (trophy turinis)
I have 16mm spacers:
8M0zf8u.jpg

and there is a 12 mm gap at the shortest point between the wheel and the caliper.
88LZiMG.jpg

Here is an old pic when i first fitted the kit.
you can see the inside wheel weights foul the caliper so you will have to get the weights moved to the middle of the wheel and rebalanced.
Akl5pfS.jpg

Cant stress how awesome the brembo brakes are though !

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
@SharkyUK i was on the phone to PureMotorsport today and they said there kit fitted perfectly with "Cup" Turini alloys as they are a different ET to the Trophy ones.
With this I'm guessing that they prob will need spacers, I also have my Prima Racing alloys and i have no idea what ET these are 😊
Cheers Marc :)

let me go and measure....
Thanks for doing that mate, appreciate it. It looks like I'll probably go ahead and buy some Eibach Pro hubcentric spacers in that case (or similar).

Thanks both! :)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Today I picked up the following -

Front pad fitting kit - £6.00
Front 300mm discs & pads -£55.00
Braided 197 brake lines - £40.00

All that's left is the brackets from puremotorsport @ £190 odd
And the full refurb from Pro Calipers in London

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Today I picked up the following -

Front pad fitting kit - £6.00
Front 300mm discs & pads -£55.00
Braided 197 brake lines - £40.00

All that's left is the brackets from puremotorsport @ £190 odd
And the full refurb from Pro Calipers in London

190 for brackets? ooft they better be worth that :eek:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have spent hardly anything if I'm being honest.

Calipers = £155
197 Hoses = £40
Pads & Discs = £55
Fitting Kit = £6.00

Callipers Brackets = £195
Full Refurb & Powder Coating will cost me £380

Total = £831

This is a lot cheaper than the Pure Motorsport full Kit @ £1145 saving me £314

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Small Update on this.

Managed to get my Pad fitting kit and the Clio 3 197/200 front brake lines.
Pad kit was £6.00 all in
Brake lines where £40 all in including postage from france and they are genuine goodridge lines also.

Pad%20Kit%2001.jpg

Pad%20Kit%2002.jpg

Hose%20Kit%2001.jpg

Hose%20Kit%2002.jpg

182 Trophy
Coming along nicely! Another nice upgrade for the Trophy.
What colour will you be getting the calipers done?

Track 172 Cup
They look very nice now they're all done, pity these wont fit under 15" wheels they would be ok for track car.

Track 172 Cup
They will fit under certain 15's, but you'll need spacers.

Hmm that's good to know, I run 2118 and some BK Racing multi-fit that were on the car when I bought it and have some OZ F1 in the shed waiting for me to decide what tyre's to put on them lol would be interested in a set of these if some came up cheap (will have to let my local breakers yard who's a friend of my dad's know if any 197's come in smashed up I want the calipers CHEAP lol doubt I would bother with a powdercoat though for track use so save a bit there)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hmm that's good to know, I run 2118 and some BK Racing multi-fit that were on the car when I bought it and have some OZ F1 in the shed waiting for me to decide what tyre's to put on them lol would be interested in a set of these if some came up cheap (will have to let my local breakers yard who's a friend of my dad's know if any 197's come in smashed up I want the calipers CHEAP lol doubt I would bother with a powdercoat though for track use so save a bit there)
They will fit under 2118's from what I've seen mate, but you'll need to run 280mm discs. The only person that offers the brackets for the 280 conversion is Chris Powell on here, but I don't think he's doing anymore for the time being.
I'm having mine custom made.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
They look very nice now they're all done, pity these wont fit under 15" wheels they would be ok for track car.

They will fit under certain 15's, but you'll need spacers.

Indeed they will. Here are mine, with 16mm spacers, machined and with the roll centre kit and 15" Willys wheels. They won't go under OZ F1s. They go under TD 1.2 and 2118s with the right offset. With the track mine is now running, it has needed a very tight set up to stop it rubbing and also the clearances between the caliper and wheel is minimal. Like 1mm kind of minimal......

IMG_4130_zpsswed5kvg.jpg

4a14b3e54a5e206fd97075059d582fc5.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
What adapters are you thinking of going for? PMS ones and 300 mm discs?

layer them up with hard wax like collinite whilst they are indoors.