ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Info Needed - Brembos

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Yeah I'm going for the PMS ones as the cover the disc the best.
Im also going for renault scenic 300mm discs and 197/200 pads

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well thats things almost at an end for the Brembos conversion.

Bought the following today
Pure 300mm Kit - £200
Brembo Pads - £19
8 Groove & Vented Discs - Waiting On Them Arriving (Picture Below With 6 Grooves)

Pure%20300mm%2001.jpg

Pure%20300mm%2002.jpg

Pure%20300mm%2003.jpg

Front%20Discs%20.png

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Worth mentioning that the black bolts in this pic do rust quite quickly. If I could go back I would give the heads a coat of paint.
Pure%20300mm%2001.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Pads , discs and adaptors are all here and well happy.
The pads where £19 notes and the discs where alittle more expensive as I got them fully coated at £65 the pair.

6934AD25-A35C-4B59-A35A-C6947ABD4E0B.jpg

DB024A43-17B5-46FB-971E-E3CAA4A9FC84.jpg

17F03878-6371-4478-818C-38E65C931A5E.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Its awesome when you have a completely brand new setup like that with everything new. Will look awesome when you have fitted it. Be careful with your wheels if you have wheel weights as I put my wheels on span the wheel and the weights smacked into the caliper.

Astra vxr
Love brembos. Iv just refurbed my Porsche calipers myself for my vxr and I'm looking for another set for my 172. Porsche and Megane and corsa Nurburgring all share the same caliper but Porsche seem to come up cheaper
image_19.jpg

If it's cup turinis you'll get away without any spacers.
Right sorry to bring this up again but it's the last time I promise!

If Trophy Turinis are ET45, and Cup ones ET38.5, then going off this post - if I have ET45 and 5mm spacers, then I should be left with 1mm clearance. Now I know you can have tight fits with brakes, but is that just taking the piss?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Right sorry to bring this up again but it's the last time I promise!

If Trophy Turinis are ET45, and Cup ones ET38.5, then going off this post - if I have ET45 and 5mm spacers, then I should be left with 1mm clearance. Now I know you can have tight fits with brakes, but is that just taking the piss?
That's going to be a fit a try situation mate.

That's going to be a fit a try situation mate.
Oh s**t that doesn't sound good! My predicament is not wanting spacers and longer bolts, but needing the car for work every day so if I can't get the wheels back on I'm screwed!

I might have to source a set of Cup Turinis and play it safe. Cheers for the info!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Oh s**t that doesn't sound good! My predicament is not wanting spacers and longer bolts, but needing the car for work every day so if I can't get the wheels back on I'm screwed!

I might have to source a set of Cup Turinis and play it safe. Cheers for the info!
When are you doing the conversion? If you can give me a few days/week I'll fit mine up and do some measuring. That way I'll have measurements to work from. :up:

We have the technology! Lol

When are you doing the conversion? If you can give me a few days/week I'll fit mine up and do some measuring. That way I'll have measurements to work from. :up:

We have the technology! Lol
I'm just in the process of ordering the rest of the stuff and I'd like to crack on right away. It won't be within the next week or so though so you may have time, I'd appreciate that mate. I'm getting the PMS brackets though so it might be different to yours.

In fact - just got off the blower to PMS and they said it's probably best with a minimum of 10mm to play it safe. 5 would be a gamble and they had to leave the washers for the brackets off even with Cup Turinis! I think I have my answer, I need Cup Turinis :(

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I ran 20mm spacers on my Trophy Turini's and i did not like the fact i had to use long bolts so i got a set of Cup Turini's and its a perfect fit.

172 Turbo
I was told I'd need to shave 10mm off them to fit them under F1s, so I sold them.
I'd rather run refurbed calipers and decent pads then mess about like that