ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ignition Barrel (Ph1) differences?

Sunflower Ph1 172
Odd one..

In the process of replacing the locks and ignition to get rid of a crappy aftermarket alarm that was fitted to the car, plus the original ignition barrel and the locks on the doors/boot don't match..

Anyway.. got round to churning the ignition barrel and noticed something that doesn't look right. The new barrel is off a ph1 that bomber was breaking a new months ago, and obviously my car is a ph1. Yet the surround looks different. Only noticed when fitting it.

Picture below explains. The one at the top is the new one (off the donor car) and below is the original taken from my car. Yet you can see they are different. I'm told one is a ph2.

Any ideas?

IMG_1381.jpg

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Odd. Has yours had a new plug put on it at some point or does it look origional?

Sunflower Ph1 172
Wtf that's odd, what year is your ph1? Not a kind of cross over hybrid?

Was chatting to jord about it and he believes the new one (off your old car) is a ph2 ring. May have shared parts with ph2. Apprenently though I can just use the original ring as only the key, Multi Timer an ECU are matching sets.

Looking at some pictures of ph2 key sets for sale, the top one looks the same.

Odd. Has yours had a new plug put on it at some point or does it look origional?

it's original The plug is differen though as you can see, yet it wasn't even plugged in.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
All 3 of my ph1 ones have been the same as the top one.

Qashcow
I'm in the process of stripping another ph1 at the moment, it uses the same one as above also :-/

Sunflower Ph1 172
I'm in the process of stripping another ph1 at the moment, it uses the same one as above also :-/

Well it's not a big deal, until I find the connector on the loom. If that is different then not sure what to do. I have a feeling it's been swapped at same time the ignition barrel in a previous life. As the original barrel doesn't match the doors. It could be off another renault, or even a completely different car.