ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If you had £1000 to spend on a Clio what would you buy ??

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Whiteline ARB, lightweight 15" alloys, track tyres, track days & tuition.

I've pretty much got the car modified the way I like for a daily driver.

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Yeah i do need a dephaser, just been quoted £538 from ktec for full cam/aux tensioners and dephaser.

The belts were all done it 2010 and it hasnt done many miles since then so im tempted to just have the dephaser done on its own to save a bit of money..

Bad idea to use even a slightly used belt, had a tight assed mate who did this a few years back and it lasted 3000 miles then went bang, something to do with trying to tension it beyond the stretch that was put into it when it was first tensioned taking it beyond what is sensible.

RB clio 182
Yeah I will be getting Genuine for definite. But where is a good place ?? Direct to Renault is probably going to be day light robbery....

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Bad idea to use even a slightly used belt, had a tight assed mate who did this a few years back and it lasted 3000 miles then went bang, something to do with trying to tension it beyond the stretch that was put into it when it was first tensioned taking it beyond what is sensible.

They never tension to quite the same point when you do it a secondtime for some reason.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah I will be getting Genuine for definite. But where is a good place ?? Direct to Renault is probably going to be day light robbery....

If you are paying someone like MWM/519/Ktec to fit it, then through them is probably the cheapest bet as I doubt you will be able to buy it cheaper than they can.

Anti roll bar bushes
Top mounts
Steering rack bushes
shocks
balljoints
wishbone bushes
tie rods
tie rod ends (track rod ends)

any money left over would go on rear ARB or tyres

Whiteline ARB
RS Tuner
Replacement dampers all round (Renault)
Cup Spoiler
Tank of fuel

hmmmm where can i get a spare grand from? haha :quiet:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
on a car I care about I would never skimp on parts.....................oh wait :eek: