ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to replace seat belts

Hey guys just in case you've seen some threads from me about belts - I managed to get the Megane 225 orange seat belts! Picked them up yesterday.

Just wondered, ( as I'm relatively new to this) how to get to the front set of seat belts? Bonxy showed me hers but has no pics of like how she did it, is there anyone that has some decent step by steps on how to do it? Maybe some pictures too? Are there anything I should be aware of? I saw something about pretensioners etc - I don't wanna blow my head off from air bags!

Just like things like how to get the door card/pillar inserts out etc
​pcheers!

911 C4S
Can't help you with the fitting sorry, but where did you get your belts from? I wondered if they were new, secondhand, or refurbished?

​thanks

Can't help you with the fitting sorry, but where did you get your belts from? I wondered if they were new, secondhand, or refurbished?

​thanks

Hey man no worries, i bought them brand new from Renault. Had to get them shipped over from France for it. I only bought 2 fronts as they are all so bloody expensive!

You won't be removing the buckles so pretensioners shouldn't be an issue. Just unplug the battery if you're worried.

I imagine it's just a case of removing plastic trim to get at them then unbolting and replacing

You won't be removing the buckles so pretensioners shouldn't be an issue. Just unplug the battery if you're worried.

I imagine it's just a case of removing plastic trim to get at them then unbolting and replacing

Yeah i thought as much, the job seems simple enough its just i dont wanna make a bodge-job on my first attempt on my nice car =p cheers for the advice tho =]

Yeah i thought as much, the job seems simple enough its just i dont wanna make a bodge-job on my first attempt on my nice car =p cheers for the advice tho =]

I know the feeling haha. If you pull up the door rubbers you'll be able to pull the trim back on the pillars to see where the clips are/what's what.

I know the feeling haha. If you pull up the door rubbers you'll be able to pull the trim back on the pillars to see where the clips are/what's what.

ahh its as simple as that? fair enough! i was told that clios are brilliant for just clipping things on and off but i didnt think it literally was that case haha!

Well, I wouldn't say brilliant, the clips are very easy to break lol. It will be a bit of a pain in the arse I imagine. I know there's definitely a torx bolt to undo to get the belt off the lower mount in the rear footwell each side.

Well, I wouldn't say brilliant, the clips are very easy to break lol. It will be a bit of a pain in the arse I imagine. I know there's definitely a torx bolt to undo to get the belt off the lower mount in the rear footwell each side.

yeah i saw those. its the first thing to do ive been told. i shall upload pictures next week of when its done =]

911 C4S
Hey man no worries, i bought them brand new from Renault. Had to get them shipped over from France for it. I only bought 2 fronts as they are all so bloody expensive!

Thanks, for the info, can you give me an idea how much they cost? Appreciate it.

Thanks, for the info, can you give me an idea how much they cost? Appreciate it.

Sure man no worries the quotes I got maybe different to what I had but I got these:

8200306285 x 2 Fronts £54.74+VAT

8200301386 N/S Rear £117.40+VAT

8200301375 Centre £84.00 + VAT

8200301382 O/S Rear £163.23+ VAT

i don't know why the prices are so different even the guy from Renault doesn't know lol!

PH1 172, E39
Sure man no worries the quotes I got maybe different to what I had but I got these:

8200306285 x 2 Fronts £54.74+VAT

8200301386 N/S Rear £117.40+VAT

8200301375 Centre £84.00 + VAT

8200301382 O/S Rear £163.23+ VAT

i don't know why the prices are so different even the guy from Renault doesn't know lol!

Can they work on the non sport Clios?

You have pictures with them?

​THanks